Bodhi Rook x Female Reader - Modern AU - In the Rain

Request:
@bodhirook1 on Tumblr
From that prompt list you reblogged today, can you do number 21 ("We're in the middle of a thunderstorm and you wanna stop and feel the rain?") with Bodhi Rook?

@sakuraaeris1497 on Tumblr
Author's Note: I decided to do a Modern AU for this request since I thought it would make it more cute and yes, K-2S0 is a human, not a robot. I hope you like this, hon. And please if anyone has any more requests, please flood my inbox and give me a numbered prompt from this list http://sakuraaeris1497.tumblr.com/post/155317490368/send-me-a-pairing-and-a-number-and-ill-write-you.

_______________________________

You and Bodhi have known each other since you both started college together. You met him at freshman orientation during a special lunch and honor code signing because you already knew his roommates first from Facebook, Kay (also know as K-2S0 when he was working at the college's radio station) and Cassian. And the moment you first met, something just clicked with you two. For five months, you two hung out together on campus in-between classes whenever K-2S0 and Cassian were unable to attend, and you two got along very well. You two even got to know each other better through talks over coffee in the library's on-campus Starbucks and over trying sushi (since Bodhi liked it a lot but you never really tried it). Through your long talks, you learned that Bodhi was a computer science major like Cassian (who was also a music major) and K-2S0 (who was also a Statistics major) while you were a (favorite or current college major) major. And over time, you included Chirrut, a theology major, Baze, a physical therapy major, and Jyn, a biochemistry and computer science double major, into your little group so you all could study together and hang out to play video games, Jack Box TV Games, or Cards Against Humanity whenever you weren't in class.

Eventually, after talking to Jyn about your crush on Bodhi, she acted as your wing-woman to set you two up while you acted as her wing-woman to Cassian and you two went on a "double date" to lunch and Barnes & Noble to look at manga (since Jyn was OBSESSED with all genres of manga and anime). Right after that day, you made a video on your laptop and sent it to Bodhi's email after giving your friends and him a Christmas gift, and you confessed your love before he would ever see the video. And right then and there, he admitted that he always liked you and got that vibe that you liked him on the double date but never told you he liked you because he was afraid you'd say no. Well, needless to say, you were shocked to say the least and told him you wouldn't ever say no, you would've said yes without hesitation any day of the week. After talking for a little while before your classes, Bodhi suggested you two go on more inexpensive dates on campus to get to know each other a lot better before jumping off the deep end into a serious relationship since he had been hurt in the past by other girls for saying the wrong thing according to them, a proposal which you accepted readily as you prepared for the week before exams and Christmas break.

So now, here you were, back in your spring semester with fewer classes and a job working as a personal assistant and errand girl to the female psychology professor. But the pay was good, so you didn't complain. Bodhi even got a job at the college's radio station on a live-streaming show on the computer with K-2S0 where they offered their personal opinions and talked about pop culture news about video game and movie fandoms like Assassin's Creed, Marvel, or Star Wars. They also tried different food live on the air and made people laugh by playing games on the air. And over time, you and Bodhi spent more time together as you had dates in the coffee shop or at the sandwich shop on campus, even in the cafeteria. You also spent more time together because Bodhi was good at math and he always assisted you, but you also hung out with your shared group of friends in your personal hangout, a small room with TV's and video game consoles that you called "Rogue Room."

After a while of dating, Bodhi decided to take you on an actual date off campus as you two decided to go eat dinner and take a scenic walk through the many shopping areas around the restaurant. With Jyn helping you do your makeup and hair, you decided to wear a little black dress that was as badass as something Natasha Romanoff would wear to spy on HYDRA agents. It was comfortably soft and flexible, and it stayed very cool in temperature. But it made you look even sexier than ever before. After you were ready, you waited for Bodhi to come pick you up and he came on time, garbed in a nice button-down shirt and dress pants while holding a bouquet of your favorite flowers. After you put the flowers in a vase, you and Bodhi set off for your date in the handsome man's black car while Jyn decided to go see Cassian for some help in theatre class since they were reading Shakespeare's Othello.

After a twenty-minute drive to the restaurant, you and Bodhi got out of the car and went inside to get a table and get something to eat while you watched people shopping and walking outside the window. You even saw couples holding hands and walking down the street, which gave you and Bodhi a warm and fuzzy feeling as you both finished your meal, paid, and went outside. Once outside the restaurant, you and Bodhi grabbed hands as you walked around the many shops before you two heard a clap of thunder and pouring rain while flashes of lightening blinded you two as you were looking around Barnes & Noble again.

At once, a nostalgic joy filled your veins as you grabbed Bodhi's hand once more and pulled him outside to the open courtyard of the shopping area where people performed for money or sold homemade goods in a marketplace style as the rain poured down. Eventually, you kicked off your shoes and secured your phone and wallet in your bra beside Bodhi while you were under shelter before you started to run around in the rain and stomp your feet into many puddles while your dress, hair, and face were drenched. At the same time, still under shelter while watching you run around in the rain, Bodhi looked at your very peculiarly with wide eyes as he remarked, "We're in the middle of a thunderstorm and you wanna stop and feel the rain?"

"Of course. The rain always feels good and smells so fresh." You replied as you closed your eyes and savored the feeling of water droplets on your body like a relaxing shower before you opened your eyes again and turned to Bodhi. Smiling warmly at your sexy man, you thought to yourself as you made a small suggestion, "Why don't you take off your shoes and join me, Rook?"

"Join you? In the rain? Barefoot?" Bodhi stuttered nervously as you nodded like a happy child giggling at their funny parents, "Yeah."

With a small sigh and a warm smile of his own to give to you, Bodhi secured his wallet and phone in his back pocket before he took off his shoes and jacket while he came closer to you. Giving you a small kiss on the lips with his ticklish stubble while you tangled your hands into his ebony hair, the tan-skinned man started to run around and play in the rain with you while you chased him and ran around too. Splashing each other with rain water and giving each other wet kisses and hugs, you and Bodhi had a good first date off campus in both of your opinions because you genuinely had fun. Eventually, other couples watched you two run around and dance in the rain as they laughed and watched you two be cute; some even videotaped you guys to put the digital moment on the Internet so others could use it as inspiration for date ideas with their significant other or to make some kind of meme out of it.

After a few minutes of dancing in the rain, you and Bodhi grabbed your shoes and went inside one of the shops, which had the manager standing by the door to hand you two some towels to dry off with. After making sure you both were dry, you decided to wait out the storm until it was okay to go back to your car and back to campus without getting drenched. After a few minutes of waiting, the storm started to go away to reveal a sky full of beautiful stars of multitudinous numerical value, which gave you two plenty of time to walk to the car and drive back safely.

Once you were back on campus, Bodhi walked you back to your own car (since you were a commuter student living with a friend of your mom's five minutes from campus) as you two kissed and bid each other goodnight, remarking that this was a good night for the both of you and that you both had fun together. Eventually, Bodhi walked back to his own dorm room, where Cassian and K-2S0 asked him many questions about how the date went while Jyn waited for you to get home before she started texting you to ask you how the date went. Both you and Bodhi told the gang about how well the date went, which made everyone so happy for you two and made them wish for only the best for you guys and your dating relationship. Overall, you and Bodhi both had a good time and you two would always remember this for as long as you two would live.