Shaun Hastings x Female Reader

IMAGINE BEING A FEMALE WHO WAS SAVED BY A MEMBER OF THE MODERN BROTHERHOOD - (One-Shot Series) - Shaun Hastings x Reader

Author's Note: Hello, everyone! Here's a one-shot for Shaun Hastings and I apologize that this is so short. But I do hope that everyone enjoys.

_____________________________________________

Like most who were in the modern-day Brotherhood or the Creed, you were born into the life of an Assassin. And who were you, one might ask? Why, you were (Name), descendant of a female Assassin and combat instructor from the Levantine Brotherhood during the Crusades. You also had other ancestors that included a female Assassin named (Colonial ancestor's name) who often dressed as a male Patriot to pitch in the fight against the Red Coats during the Revolutionary War and a female British spy from World War II named (British ancestor's name) who was well-adapted in the ways of espionage against the Germans but who was also a master of disguise. But your Levantine ancestor was the most interesting of them all because she had more genetic memories that could be found in the Animus and information about her past from the memoirs she kept in a journal about her life, similar to Altaïr's Codex Pages. All in all, you were very skilled at your craft with the help of your parents, who were both devoted to the cause but even more so devoted to you, their only child. Learning how to hone physical combat and gymnastic skills as well as dominion over weapons at the early age of five, you eventually perfected your skills enough to become a Master Assassin with a hidden blade at the humble age of twenty-one alongside fellow friends and comrades Rebecca Crane, Lucy Stillman, and Clay Kaczmarek with William Miles as your teacher. Personally, you weren't biased about who could join the Brotherhood because ANYONE who could offer their skills to ensure Man's free will was welcome. But you also had never known a life that was ever normal because you were always on the run or helping the Creed wherever you were able, using your newly-learned skills in espionage and computers to act as a mole on certain missions to help fellow undercover comrades so they could get in and out of Abstergo-owned buildings with secrets much more safely. But you were also possessing the multitude of foreign language lessons in Spanish, French, German, Arabic, Braille, American Sign Language, Latin (even though it's just written and used for root words but not spoken), Italian, and Russian from your online college courses and Brotherhood members from around the world to help you in more ways than you could imagine (which is how Rebecca was able to add subtitles to her own Animus that she affectionately named 'Baby').

But you didn't meet your newest teammate until a couple years later after Rebecca saved him from Abstergo for putting their most-sensitive information and plans on Wikileaks under the fake name "Guy Fawkes," which resulted in the Templar's actions of trying to silence an innocent. The man you were thinking of was one Shaun Hastings, a strawberry blonde with dark eyes who had a knack for computers, conspiracy theories, and history. Sure, he was reckless about his endeavors to expose Abstergo with no disregard to what fate would befall him and he was very cynical to the point of being a pessimist, so he angered you because he had a normal life and decided to throw it away by being stupid enough to take on a well-armed, well-funded global organization bent on world domination and world peace through force and order. Sure, Shaun kinda made you off-put from his behavior and his recent recruitment into an organization that he wasn't born into but was instead thrust into because of his actions while living a normal life. But he was actually very intelligent, funny, and nice once you really got to know him. The more time you spent training him in physical combat and how to use a hidden blade or other weapons, the closer you both became. Eventually, you found yourself harboring a secret crush for Shaun because of how handsome and sweet he was, always being so attentive to your needs whenever you accidentally pulled a muscle in training or just came back from a stressful mission that psychologically changed him. However, you were an Assassin first and you couldn't let love compromise the Creed by clouding your rationale in case Shaun was to become injured or deceased, but you were also so devoted to the cause because it was the only life you knew. Therefore, you elected to stay silent about your little crush on the historian and analyst, even though you had already told Rebecca and she kept pressing you to confess since anything could happen and regret would be prevalent if you kept your mouth shut.