What Are Friends For? - Gender Neutral! Reader X Star Wars Original Trilogy Gang

(Y/F/N) - Your First Name
(Y/L/N) - Your Last Name

___________________________________________________________

Author's note: This was the fifth request made to intergalacticimagines.tumblr.com by themotherfuckingqueenlemon.tumblr.com, and I was once a contributor to their blog as a Star Wars imagine blogger so I could help them out by writing requests that they couldn't get to.

The way this is written is also how my wisdom teeth surgery went back in December 2015, and yes, all of these events are true accounts (minus the cool Star Wars characters as best friends). I also tried to make this imagine as gender neutral as possible and I apologize if it's short. But please enjoy anyways. 😉😊🙂😘😍

__________________________________________________________

Today was finally the day, and (Y/F/N) (Y/L/N) was so very nervous. However, they had support in their best friends: Chewbacca, Han Solo, Leia Organa, C-3PO, R2-D2, and Luke Skywalker. They had met them all during the battle against the Galactic Empire where they were a skilled pilot for the Resistance, but now that peace had been brought about through long years of fighting, the victory of achievement was a heavenly mana that could be savored by all over the cosmos. And what ordeal was this brave young individual to face? Well, they were long overdue for a wisdom teeth surgery, but during a war, it was never possible for them to get one done. Now that the war was over, it was time for (Y/F/N) to get it over with.

Han and Chewy decided to take (Y/F/N) to the surgery on the Millennium Falcon since they couldn't drive right afterwards due to the medical sedatives. However, Han teased his younger comrade mercilessly as he smirked, "So, you nervous, kiddo?"

All (Y/F/N) could do was nod sheepishly before they answered with a shrug, "Y...Yeah..."

"You're not scared of getting blown up in a spaceship against the Empire and yet you're scared of being knocked out for thirty minutes to get your teeth cut out?" Han laughed as Chewbacca began to grunt and rumble his deep tone as a way to command, 'Hey, quit teasing them! It's bad enough they're nervous! They don't need you hounding on them, nerf herder!' That's when Han turned around to his longtime friend as he shrugged, "Would you relax?! I'm just messing with them. Quit taking everything so harshly, furball!" All that earned was a gargantuan punch to his bicep and another rumbling growl from Chewbacca before Han pushed the Wookie away while (Y/F/N) giggled and rolled their eyes, remarking sarcastically, "You two act like children."

"But that's why you like us." Han smirked as he winked at his best friend before they laughed again, "Well, that is true too..." After a few minutes of flying and talking together, Han and Chewbacca accompanied (Y/F/N) into the dental office as they helped them sign in before they waited for the dentist or one of his nursing assistants to call their buddy into the surgery room. Once they were signed in, the trio sat down beside the only other individuals in the room, a forty-year-old woman and her eighteen-year-old son, while (Y/F/N) fiddled with the sleeves of their hoodie, Chewbacca played with his long brown fur, and Han played with his loaded blaster. Eventually, the teenage boy was called first as he reluctantly went with the nurse to go see the dentist. And after waiting around for thirty agonizing minutes, the nurse called (Y/F/N) into the room with a soothing voice while Han went outside to call Luke and Leia to let them know how their best friend was doing. So far, so good was all he said as he shut off the holographic communicator to go back and chill with his buddy until (Y/F/N) got out okay.

Down the hall, (Y/F/N) walked until they reached a white room with white tile floors and white walls, filled to the brim with silver equipment, hospital smells, flashing lights, and mint green leather. Taking off their hoodie so they were left in their Star Wars pajama shirt, Captain America sweatpants, and fluffy slippers, (Y/F/N) took a seat in the medical recliner as the lady tried to help the patient relax, sensing the obvious nervousness of the younger individual. The lady kept patting (Y/F/N)'s arm with a smile as she waited for silent permission from her patient to continue before she placed a mask over the Resistance pilot's face. The lady turned a nozzle to let the invisible gas enter the mask as she explained, "This is laughing gas; it'll help you relax...Deep breathes, honey, and make sure you breathe it in through your nose." With a nod, (Y/F/N) followed the nurse's instructions as they breathed in the gas deeply through their nose, which only made them laugh uncontrollably as their eyes became heavy and their whole body felt like they were flying on air. After ten minutes of breathing in the gas, the lady removed the mask from the lower portion of (Y/F/N)'s face before she disinfected the crease of the young patient's right arm with an antiseptic and a cotton ball so she could administer the IV. Slowly, the long, silver needle went in as (Y/F/N) balled up their fist with enough pressure to snap a human bone as they tried to remain calm and relaxed before the lady finally got the item in, taping it down before connecting the IV to a bag of clear liquid. Then, with a tight squeeze, the lady administered the sedatives from the bag into (Y/F/N)'s bloodstream before the doctor entered the room and greeted the nurse warmly. (Y/F/N) remembered the kind old doctor and they recalled that he was so nice and funny, and in their sedated state, they would've thought anything was nice as they gave a goofy grin to everyone in the room. With a pat to their arm, the doctor came close to the young patient as he reassured them, "Don't worry, Mr./Ms. (Y/L/N), you're in safe hands." With a soft 'okay' and nod of their head, (Y/F/N) tried to stay awake during the surgery before they felt their eyes grow heavy as the bag was squeezed again by a second female nurse. Then, blackness filled the young pilot's head and eyes as they were knocked out cold.