DBH Markus X Fem! Human! Reader - Opening Night

Author's Note: Hello, fans of my writing and fans of Detroit: Become Human. I'm pleased to present this oneshot to you since I really enjoy writing for this fandom, especially for Markus and Connor. So please enjoy and as always, comments and requests are appreciated.

________________________________

After four months of preparation as well as hard-earned sweat, blood, and tears, the moment had finally arrived. Your debut as actress and singer after years of not being onstage was finally going to be a reality on this night. The excitement brewing inside you was obvious with every practice you spent at the theatre after work at the hospital but also every piano lesson you took from Markus as he helped you with your songs for the musical by acting as live instrumental track and/or duet partner. Carl even assisted in your dialogue again by playing the other characters as you two sat in the living room after you returned home from work. Seeing you excited made Markus and Carl excited for you and with you because while they never saw the musical in its entirety since you broke up songs and lines to keep it a surprise, they could tell that you put a lot of effort into your hobbies. Just seeing you smile as you did what you were most passionate about, hearing you sing and hold your two favorite men in the palm of your hand with your acting skills, made Carl and Markus's hearts beat in elation while their eyes stared lovingly at you. All in all, you impressed your great uncle and boyfriend with your talents, constantly leaving them mesmerized and hungry for more of your art.

Finally, the morning of your big theatre debut had come as you remained asleep under your warm covers with Markus, his large, dominant arm draped over your waist from the side as he buried his nose in your long, flowing tresses, savoring the subtle scent with each inhale and exhale. Once his internal alarm clock went off, Markus stirred awake as his scanning systems felt fully recharged before he sat up but still remained in the stomach sleeping position he was in the previous night, hugging the pillow under him. With a soft grin that insinuated nothing but innocent passion with sparkling peridot orbs to accompany his gaze, Markus laid in the bed silently as he took these few moments of peace to stare at your sleeping form. With shiny tresses of (Hair Color) fanned out around your body like silky curtains, your eyelashes long as they sat over your slumbering irises, Markus watched you shift under the covers with an unflattering snore through your nose before you hugged the edge of your pillow, finally relaxing once you felt comfortable again. Because of how cute you were while asleep, Markus felt that he couldn't help himself as he reached out his hand to you, moving some stubborn strands out of your face so he could gaze upon its beauty without interference before he noticed you stir in your sleep with a smile on your face and a sigh that indicated pleasure, especially when Markus scanned your vitals and found that your endorphins had increased when feather-light pressure emitting from his fingers even so much as brushed up against your sensitive skin. With a mischievous grin, Markus reached his hand out again, bringing it down into a soft (Hair Texture) mass as he brushed his fingers through your hair, fanning the strands out over your back with every untangling of the minute knots while you continued to lay on your stomach just as you had done the previous night. Due to Markus's gentle touch and warm temperature, you were soon noticed by your boyfriend to be sighing happily and hugging your pillow tighter in your still-slumbering state of mind, which caused him to chuckle at your cute antics. After a few moments of watching you sleep and react involuntarily to his gestures, Markus pecked the entirety of your face with butterfly kisses, his eyelashes fluttering up and down rapidly to brush against your skin with each press of his soft lips against every surface he could reach without waking you up. After kissing you repeatedly for several minutes, Markus exited the bed while brushing off his pants and shirt, heading downstairs to start cleaning up the house and preparing breakfast for everyone while he allowed you and Carl to sleep in a few extra hours. Giving one last tender smile as he stood in the doorway, holding the wood of the arch in his gentle fingers, Markus decided to get on with his day so you could properly rest before your big show later on that night.