Rauf (Assassin's Creed) X Female Reader

IMAGINE BEING A FEMALE WHO WAS SAVED BY A MEMBER OF THE LEVANTINE BROTHERHOOD OF ASSASSINS (One-Shot Series)

________________________________

Author's Note: This was a second idea that I had and didn't write until now in response to the lack of Rauf fanfictions out there for Assassin's Creed (and because the sword instructor is such a cinnamon roll in the first game). I also couldn't kill off Kadar or have Malik with an amputated arm. I couldn't hurt them in this fanfiction. Hopefully, this fanfiction will be good for all those who read it and I hope everyone who reads it enjoys. Fans of the Creed, this is for you.

_______________________________

You had been a citizen of Masayf for as long as you could remember, living with your family happily in safety and peace. Occasionally, you would watch the Assassins training with sword and hidden blade in their practice arena at the top of the mountain in your free time when you weren't helping your mother with chores. Sure, it seemed like a waste of time to some, but to you, every minute of watching the men train themselves to pure exhaustion and intense perspiration was worth it.

One such man you enjoyed to see in training the most (and the main reason you even bothered to walk on foot to the mountain) was a handsome Muslim man named Rauf. He was always so compassionate and kind, with soft black hair and small brown eyes that held a warmth to them that seemed to always make you want to be around him more. He also offered to train you in the art of basic sword fighting outside of his normal schedule of teaching new recruits so he was secure in the knowledge that you could defend yourself, despite being a lucky girl that was fortunately taught by your father. Whenever Rauf was free from his busy schedule, you and him would spend time together in Masayf, just speaking about any topic that came to mind as you laid beside each other while holding hands and gazing at the constellations above.

One night, Rauf asked you to come with him to the secluded hideout that you two used to gaze the stars as he took your hand and laid down on the ground beside you. Holding him in your arms, Rauf expressed his concerns over the present state of affairs as he explained, "A few of our men are at Solomon's Temple recovering a treasure for our master Al Mualim...They won't be back for another few days."

"And you believe they'll fail or never return?" You asked, confused by what Rauf meant by his words, as he further orated his true thoughts and feelings, "No, I have high hopes that the mission will be a success. They have Altaïr with them, and he is the youngest Master Assassin we've ever had. I am sure they will recover the treasure before the Templars do."

"I'll keep your brethren in my thoughts and prayers and hope for their safe return." You offered as Rauf nodded lightly before he grinned, "Thank you so much, (name). You always know how to put my mind at ease."

"It's the least I could do for all you've done for me. But I'm sure they'll be fine, Rauf. I have faith they'll be alright." You reassured the man as you felt the Assassin nod against your chest before he combed his fingers through your soft (texture, color) locks and pressed the gentlest kiss to your lips, which you reciprocated timidly even though this was the first time you had ever kissed a man before this intimately and you had only known Rauf for a couple of months. After a few seconds, Rauf pulled away as he sheepishly shrugged, "Sorry...I shouldn't have done that too soon."

"Well, I mean, I didn't mind...Unless you mind-" You nervously stuttered as Rauf stuttered back, "No, I don't mind...In fact, I've wanted to do that for awhile because I...Well, I have had feelings for you since we first started being friendly with each other, but I didn't know what you would think..." Honestly, all you could do was blink with nothing to say because you were totally at a loss for words at hearing a confession like that leave the lips of a sword instructor for the Levantine Assassins. However, you had feelings for Rauf too, so the only thing you had to say was the following: "Well, I think your feelings are true because I feel the same for you too." With that, you and Rauf consummated the relationship you two had developed together with many kisses and embraces as you two laid in the grass under the stars. Nothing about this current dating relationship felt wrong or untrue. It all felt right and permitted by an entity above such as God, Fate, Destiny, or something else. You loved Rauf and he loved you, so the answer to if you should be lovers or not was simple. You were already such good friends, so what would make a friendship any different from a courting relationship besides more intimate secrets, gifts on special occasions whenever there was money around, kissing, hand-holding, and hugs? According to you two, you both determined that your relationship wasn't changing at all. So, after walking you home and giving you a final kiss goodnight, Rauf agreed to meet you tomorrow night after training his many students since it would be awhile before Altaïr, Malik, and Kadar returned.