Malik Al-Sayf x Female Reader

IMAGINE BEING A FEMALE WHO WAS SAVED BY A MEMBER OF THE LEVANTINE BROTHERHOOD - One-Shot Series

_______________________________

Author's Note: I hope everyone enjoys this fanfiction I wrote for the sassy Bureau leader in Jerusalem in Assassin's Creed to continue this oneshot series. Hopefully, I'll finish the one for Altaïr soon, but for now, here's the idea I had for Malik. For any dialogues directly from the games, I used sound clips from this Tumblr (http://allsoundsasscreed.tumblr.com/) and a YouTube video (https://youtu.be/nDa9fnKeO5k), but I didn't plagiarize. I just wanted to stay as much with the canon and the actual dialogue as possible from what I could hear and play back repeatedly to make sure I got it right. I also couldn't hurt the Al-Sayf brothers in this one-shot series so I apologize if my story is not canon, but I hope the fans like the one-shot anyways.

______________________________

You really were a lucky gal because you knew Altaïr, Kadar, Rauf, and Malik personally as your current best friends. Correction, you knew them for as long as you could remember ever since you were a little girl training in the footsteps of your four childhood friends. Your parents supported you every step of the way, but some male members of the Levantine Assassins thought you were a hinderance to the group as a whole, given that you were a girl surrounded by numerous men. However, your friends thought differently and so did Al Mualim. After so many years of training and proving your skeptical comrades wrong, you were allowed the opportunity to be the first female Master Assassin and Rafiq of the Jerusalem branch. Aside from the occupation of teacher and scholar, you also had many other odd jobs for the Assassins that were important in their own right. Sometimes, you also worked as a female medicine woman or you traveled to other cities in the Kingdom, dressed as a female civilian to go undercover to gather vocal or written information and act as an informer for the Master Assassins that were on missions. Most of the time, you were the former to generate more income for the Brotherhood whenever you weren't the Rafiq of Jerusalem or a Master Assassin preparing to take out a target. Therefore, many who were skeptical or doubtful of you in their Brotherhood let you off the hook because you proved that you were a great asset to the group and you were dedicated to the cause of freedom and free will of humans at all costs.

Out of all your male best friends, only one caught your eye and your attention because of who he was and what he could do...Malik Al-Sayf, a beautiful name that slipped so smoothly off the tip of your tongue and put a fuzzy feeling in your heart. This was the one man that you fell for hard. He really was a good catch for a girl like you. He was always looking so handsome with short, soft hair that was a rich black, chocolate eyes that held a warmth to them only around you and his little brother but a perceived coldness towards others, and a tanned complexion that almost made you a little jealous because of how perfect it looked on him. Similar to you, he was also dedicated to the cause and one of the top of his and your age group due to his vast knowledge and sheer adoration for books. The first time you ever met him, you were both small children of about five years of age who were just learning the dictates of the Creed, and both of your hands made contact for the same book about the history of the Brotherhood of Assassins. From then on, you and him made a promise when you were young children that you would always be together no matter what. The promise was so prevalent that Malik even gave you an iron ring to wear on your left hand to match the iron ring on his right hand when you two were seven to solidify such a commitment. Shortly after giving you the iron ring, he promised to replace the rings with something better when you both were older, but you decided against it. Material gain and material possessions just weren't your thing. You did things for others for nothing in return and you liked the iron ring since Malik had made it himself (as evidenced by the minute burns on his little bandaged fingers), which had more value and memories attached to it than any high-priced ring a merchant could sell with his silver tongue enticing passers-by to take a second glance. Therefore, Malik just promised to always be there for you for as long as he lived while you also promised to do the same for him.