RK200/Markus x Fem! Reader - The Harbor Supply Run

Author's Note: Greetings, this is Sakuraaeris1497 again. Here's another Markus oneshot with the same reader that corresponds with the chapter Spare Parts. Please enjoy and I apologize that the chapter is so short but I'll try to lengthen it if possible. More Markus and Connor oneshots that correspond with the canon of the good ending will come shortly, but especially more Markus oneshots! :)

YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/tJv2erMJxQs

_________________________

8:01 P.M., a stormy November night, usually a time when people were in bed listening to the pitter-patter of the rain drops outside their windows or waiting out a thunderstorm whether a power outage occurred or not. But not this night. Tonight, you were sacrificing your physical health in this cold, wet weather to help the androids of Jericho secure supplies for their wounded and dying. You didn't know if you'd even make it back alive and you didn't know if you and the others would succeed. But one thing was for certain: You wouldn't just lay yourselves down in a rusted warship for the inevitability of death or turn yourselves in only to be imprisoned for life while your new android friends were destroyed for scrap metal. You would go out fighting to help everyone survive by securing their future with blue blood and other necessities.

Ducking out from behind several steel boxes of supplies usually seen on the back of eighteen-wheelers or on cargo ships from across the seas, you looked back forth between your fiancé and your new android comrades as Josh shook his head and gestured with his hands, whispered fears leaving his lips, "This is crazy. If they catch us, we're dead."

"What do we do now?" Simon questioned as he checked to make sure the coast was clear before Markus directed the group on their next objective, as he was the one who suggested this plan in the first place, "We need to find the CyberLife warehouse. That's where they keep the spare parts and the blue blood."

"Miss Manfred, I really don't think it's a good idea having a human come here on such a dangerous operation, not that I don't think you can handle it. Are you sure you can climb around here alright?" Josh voiced his concerns to you as a fatherly panic laced his chocolate eyes and ever-youthful face while you nodded with a wink and a small grin, "Don't worry, Professor Josh. I came here of my own volition so I can handle myself, promise."

Giving you a small nod, Josh took a deep breath through his nose as he backed off since he knew you were a smart girl in his college lecture halls and you were one heck of a fighter when it came to proving your side of an argument in a civil discussion with classmates or in a research paper, especially when it involved treating androids with some basic decency. Though Josh didn't teach courses in public policy or political science, he had read your papers before from other professors, human and android, and all agreed that you were definitely going to go far in life, Josh included in that acquiesce. This was why Josh knew you were perfectly capable of handling yourself and making a grownup decision as Markus defended you aloud despite his mind palace internally screaming at the fact that you were in harm's way tonight, "My fiancé actually did fluent parkour up brick buildings and fire escapes in order to reach Jericho. I'm sure she can manage."

"We better hope so." North muttered under her breath as Simon, Josh, and Markus gave her death glares at how cold she was towards you even when no wrongs had been done by you against her before she beckoned everyone to follow her once the opportunity arose, her hand waving towards her chest in 'come hither' motions as she commanded in hushed tones, "Follow me!"

"You heard her. Let's go, guys." You whispered back with a smile and a wink as you turned to everyone else before you all chased after North. Running towards piles of metal storage boxes, the five of you moved left and right, up and down, every which way to avoid the yellow spotlights or human witnesses to your crimes as Josh continued to nag everyone, "Don't let them see us." Just looking at North and the way she rolled her eyes as you managed to hide behind her back, you were sure she was going to punch Josh for his insistence on being quiet or laying low even while he kept talking under his breath. You knew the male android meant well, but even you, Simon, and Markus had to admit that it was starting to get annoying to hear a constant reminder every two seconds. You couldn't even communicate telepathically with your fellow androids and even they knew your facial expressions and what it entailed. Nevertheless, everyone just shrugged it off and decided to not say anything to Josh as you all knew he was worried enough for all of you.