Chapter 42.) 2 weeks later...

Start from the beginning

        When she finished, Renae laid him down and headed into the bathroom to wash her hands and clean the tub out.

        By the time she re-emerged into the room, Kairo was sitting on King's chest playing with his goatee.

        Renae smiled leaning against the dresser and watched as he traced King's features. Picking up his pacifier, he stuck it into his mouth and laid on King's chest with his hand resting on his face.

        Renae stood there watching before she picked up her phone and took a few pictures just as King shifted some and Kairo's head popped up wanting to see if his father had  finally woken up.

        Seeing that King's eyes were still closed, he laid his head back down and closed his eyes.

        "C'mere," King murmured softly catching Renae off guard.

        "Did he wake you?"

       "C'mere baybeh," he called again, ignoring her question.

       Placing his hand on Kairo's back, he turned his head towards Renae and she slowly walked towards the bed and climbed on it. 

        King pulled her body into his and rested his hand on her back and closed his eyes.

        "I love you," he said.

        "I love you," she replied softly as Kairo turned his head towards her and stared at her.

       Placing his hand on her face, she smiled playing in his hair as his eyes closed.

       "He's so quiet,"

        "It doesn't seem real does it?" he chuckled
softly.

        "Not really," She admitted looking up at King and caressed his face.

        "I don't like disappointing you,"

        "You don't, I'm never disappointed by you," He told her.

       "Sometimes I miss the old us... when we were still figuring each other out,"

        "We're here now baybeh, I like who we are now,"

        "I know, I just can't handle any more loss ya know? I don't think I can take it anymore," she confessed staring at Kairo.

        "As long as I'm here, I'll always be ok with taking your burdens, that's on my life Nae,"

       Nodding slowly, she closed her eyes and sighed softly.

        King stared up at the ceiling for a moment as a thought came to mind.

        "I wanna take you somewhere tonight,"

        "I don't know... I don't know King," she sat up and shook her head.

        "I don't feel comfortable leaving the house,"

        "Which is why I want to take you somewhere, just trust me ok?" He retorted grabbing her face gently and she nodded.

         Pecking her lips, he massaged her scalp and she smiled laying back down.

        "You're my best friend," her voiced trailed off as she closed her eyes.

        "I'll always have your back, know dat," he told her.

        "Always... I love you," her voice faded as she relaxed against him.