“So, tell me about that library. Why is it so important for you to go tomorrow?” Yasmin asked as she stood next to me chopping off some veggies for the sauté.

            “I was the one to come up with the book club idea and to be fair, I was very much proud of how successful it had been so far. I really want to nourish the idea till it grow and make the library one of London’s main spots. I see potential in it with the location and the way Mazen runs it we’ll definitely make it one of the big places for signings and whatnot.” I spoke a little too excitedly.

            I love my work. Even though working in a library was never my dream but with the activity running in it, I kind of use it as a way to practice my main love, marketing.

            Just the idea of starting a small project and watch it grow with my directions fascinates me.

            “That’s really cool. Even though I’m taking my M.I.B in business, I don’t think I can actually run a business.” She sighed.

            “I don’t run one either, I just help Mazen out. It’s a part time job.” I reminded both, her and myself before I get too carried away with my passion for control.

            “Oh, that’s still cool that you get to do what you like.”

            Our chat was cut short when we heard the front door open then close, followed by Ayman’s voice, “Al Salam Alykum.”

            “W Alykum Al Salam.” We both mumbled in reply.

            Walking inside the house, Ayman usually says another hello to me in the kitchen knowing I’m always there but he cut himself before saying anything when he noticed Yasmin with me.

            “Hello girls.” Ayman said out of politeness but his look to me was one of questioning about the reason why I let our guest in the kitchen to cook.

            “Yasmin insisted on making us her famous chocolate cake.” I answered his unspoken question but that didn’t relax him.

            “Yeah, you have to try my chocolate cake. Everyone says it’s the best back home and I needed to know what you thought.” She smiled proudly.

            “I’m sure it’s great but you shouldn’t do anything. You are our guest.” His voice was a monotone with a hint of kindness in it but I know his words were more directed to me making me swallow uneasily.

            “What kind of guest stays for three months?” She scoffed.

            “A very welcomed one.” If Ayman could smirk he would have done it now, but I don’t think it was in him. He just smiled his genuine smile.

            “If you really want me to feel welcomed then you wouldn’t mind if I cooked for you. I love cooking but I’m not a very good one when it comes to main meals so I’ll be sticking to baking since it’s my passion.” She said cheekily.

             “Of course I want you to feel welcome.” Ayman smiled his polite smile.

            “Great. You go change now while we prepare the table.” Ayman gave her a look. He was surprise at how comfortable she was making herself to be, like she was the woman of the house but I think he was more amused than shocked.

            The way he just went upstairs and wasn’t angry at me for troubling the guest with the house work because of what she told him made me actually have a little more hope in tomorrow’s discussion.