074 | markhyuck

⁀➷ markhyuck (mark & donghyuck from nct)

⁀➷ fluff

⁀➷ requested

donghyuck had been devastated for about a week now, the only thing on his mind being the dance he couldn't attend.

his school was holding a dance and sadly donghyuck wasn't able to go. he was beyond disappointed about that.

of course, when hyuck told his boyfriend, the older immediately felt bad for him. as the younger was rambling on about his feelings, mark was secretly coming up with a plan in his mind.

.....

donghyuck stared at his phone, confused about the text he just got. mark had texted him to come over, but he told hyuck to wear something fancy.

when the boy read that, he instantly ran to his closet to pick out what to wear. ruffling through different items of clothing, he finally found a decent shirt.

it was black and had some silver sparkle that would shine slightly if you held it up to the light. he paired that with some black ripped jeans and a belt.

rushing through his makeup, donghyuck created a pretty good look considering his time was limited.

as soon as he finished, donghyuck threw on his black shoes and his necklace, leaving his house.

considering the fact that mark's house was on the same street as hyuck's, the younger walked to his house. finally arriving at the door, he knocked and waited for mark to answer.

the door opened and donghyuck was confused when he saw his boyfriend stepping out of darkness. "mark, why don't you have any lights on?"

the older smiled, kissing donghyuck softly on the lips. "because, princess. you'll see," he said, a smirk lingering on his lips.

donghyuck looked at him strangely, wanting to know what was going on. "well, come in," mark said, grabbing the younger's hand.

when the canadian boy closed the door, he pressed a remote without donghyuck noticing.

the younger let out a gasp, looking around in awe. purple, pink and blue lights were illuminating the inside of the house. tinsel was also hung in places, different accessories also hung up on the walls.

donghyuck smiled happily, looking over at mark. "you like it, princess?" he asked, taking both of his boyfriend's hands in his.

"i love it mark, thank you so much," donghyuck happily said, closing the distance between them as they met for a kiss.

as they pulled away, both wore big smiles, feeling as happy as ever. "i knew you were upset about not being able to attend the dance, so i brought it to you," mark said, stroking his thumb on the top of hyuck's hand.

"this means so much to me. i—i'm just so happy," the younger said, starting to feel emotional. mark pulled him into a hug, noticing the younger changing moods.

donghyuck cuddled into the hug, burying his head in mark's neck. "i love you so much," the younger said, complete honesty in his muffled words.

"i love you more, princess," mark said, starting to pull away from his lover. "now come on, let's have so fun, yeah?" he suggested, softly pulling up hyuck's chin to meet his eyes.

the younger nodded and mark lead them both to the "dance floor". they danced through a couple different songs, some upbeat, others slower.

as the dance inched closer to the end, the final slow dance song came on. the couple were swaying lightly, bodies pressed closely together. donghyuck's head layed on mark's shoulder.

they quietly danced to the slow tune, feeling nothing but love in the air. when the song finished, donghyuck broke the silence.

"thank you so much for tonight, mark. i really appreciated that," he said, smiling and hands intertwined with the older's.

"of course, love. i'd do anything to see you happy," mark told him, smiling just as big as donghyuck.

a/n: had my first day of school today, ew.

i hope you guys liked this oneshot, sorry if it seemed rushed in some parts.