055 | dojae

⁀➷ dojae (doyoung & jaehyun from nct)

⁀➷ fluff

⁀➷ requested

it was currently four in the morning, and doyoung was wide awake, unable to sleep. the loud bangs of thunder from outside were scaring him, making him flinch every single time the loud sound was heard.

doyoung's been afraid of storms since he was a little boy, and he hates it. he hates having to lie there, completely awake, listening to the painful sounds.

as he turned to his side, another crash of thunder could be heard. doyoung flinched, a little whimper escaping his lips.

the rain was violently hitting the windows of the house, and that only made doyoung feel worse.

the boy hesitantly reached for the arm of his lover, who was sound asleep next to him. he shook jaehyun lightly, waiting for the other to wake up.

jaehyun softly groaned, turning over while rubbing his eyes. he looked at doyoung who had tears forming in his eyes.

the younger's heart broke at the sight, and he put the pieces together. "you're scared of the storm, oh baby, come here," jaehyun softly said, his arms open for a hug.

doyoung quickly buried himself in jaehyun's embrace, hiding his face in the younger's shoulder.

"it's going to be okay, i'll cuddle you until you fall asleep, okay?" jaehyun once again spoke softly, stroking his boyfriend's hair.

doyoung nodded, his head still in jaehyun's shoulder. he slowly lifted up his head, looking his lover in the eyes.

jaehyun softly smiled at him, going back to lying down. doyoung joined him, immediately wrapping his arms around jaehyun's torso.

the younger lovingly stroked his tumb across doyoung's hand, hoping it would calm his nerves down a little.

doyoung muttered a small "thank you" to jaehyun before he felt his eyelids drooping.

"good night love," jaehyun softly whispered, falling asleep shortly after. the lovers stayed in each other's warm embrace the whole night and both slept very well, doyoung not waking up a single time due to thunder.

a/n: hope you enjoyed <3

to anyone who's interested, i just published a new changlix book, and it would make me super happy if you guys checked it out. i would love to get your guys' support on it <3