014 | minsung

light angst/fluff
+
minsung

Jisung walked down the snow covered sidewalk, looking around him

Jisung walked down the snow covered sidewalk, looking around him. It was Christmas tomorrow, and families were sharing laughter, smiles, and Jisung wished he had that.

Jisung and his family have never gotten along, and it got worse when he came out to them as gay. They yelled at him, things were thrown, and tears were visible.

That night, they kicked him out, and he asked his friend, Hyunjin, if he could crash at his place. Hyunjin, being the good friend he is, let him stay and told him he could take the time he needed.

Jisung smiled a small smile, remembering that memory. Of course, he was jealous people got to enjoy time with their family, with love in the air, and he couldn't.

Hyunjin had offered Jisung to spend time with his family, but the younger rejected, not wanting to be a burden.

Jisung looked down at his feet, as they let him further down the sidewalk. Christmas lights were illuminating his surroundings, and snow was slowly falling down the sky.

He sighed, and walked over to a park. It was almost empty, except for a couple kids still enjoying the games. Jisung smiled a little, and turned his attention to the trees.

He always found them beautiful, no matter how they were. Decorated or not, he still found them beautiful.

With his head still down, his eyes started to water. I wish I could have a family to spend Christmas time with. Why...

Tears started falling down his eyes. He quickly wiped them away.

A hand was placed on his shoulder. "Hey, you okay?" Came a soft voice from behind Jisung.

"Um...y-yeah" he answered, although his voice cracked. The boy looked at him worried.

Jisung felt his heart skip a beat. This boy was beautiful, trees were nothing compared to him.

"What's wrong? It's Christmas, you should be happy!" The boy said with a smile, hoping to comfort the precious one in front of him.

"That's the thing"

"Huh?"

"I can't enjoy myself or be happy"

The boy sat beside Jisung and gave him a hug. Jisung hugged back, feeling the boy's warmth.

"I'm Minho" He said, looking at Jisung. He smiled. "I'm Jisung"

Minho put a hand on Jisung's shoulder. "Hey, whatever's happening, it'll get better I promise. It might take time, but you'll find a way to get over it and be happy again, yeah?"

Jisung gave a small nod, smiling in the older boy's direction. Minho gave him a bright smile too. "Yeah"

The pair shared numbers and Minho left, wishing Jisung a Merry Christmas, and giving him another of his warm hugs.

Jisung smiled, one of his biggest in a long time.

-end-
451 words

thank you so much for 300+ reads!! <3