Vol. 2 CH. 3 - Caladium (2)

Start from the beginning

There, a tomato flew at Kyoushiro's face, covering with sticky tomato juice.

"Damn Demon-Spawn!! Get out of this town!!"

An angered elf man roared so at Kyoushiro as he held another ripe tomato in his hand. To such action, Kyoushiro snapped back into reality. The itchy portion of the place where the tomato hit made Kyoushiro held it with his hand. Rather than surprised or shock, what Kyoushiro felt at that time was purely an absence of emotion. His dark eyes then turned to the person that threw the tomato.

However, another one flew in and hit his chest. This time, the one who threw was a lady in her thirties or mid-forties.

"You cursed race!! Don't you dare plague this land with misfortune!!?"

As the crowd grew wilder and louder, Kyoushiro realized that he walked a far distance from the mansion. He didn't notice that he already left the garden and unconsciously walked into the middle of the town.

All kinds of juice filled vegetables flew out, along with hard fruits; everything had reached Kyoushiro's feet. Standing with sticky clothes, Kyoushiro breathe out a sigh.

"Was that all of you can do? Throwing and wasting all this good food? Seriously, this world of yours is a joke. When there are people unable to eat, you guys just waste them on something petty like this"

"Hah, you guys are really stupid" Kyoushiro scoffed as he walked forward.

Perhaps the residents of the town took Kyoushiro's words as rude and demeaning; they kept their glares directed at Kyoushiro. With their grips on juicy fruits and squishy vegetables tightened, the bottleneck of their resentment blew up.

Once more, it was a rain of tomatoes and hard fruits. Rotten eggs flew about as well and the blood-stuck meat were hurling around Kyoushiro's location.

But Kyoushiro did not mind it. After all, it was the teaching of this world to condemn those who possess the color of the Demon God. Religion itself had taken part in deepening the roots of hatred and discrimination but it was also the Demon-Spawns faults that the horrible treatment towards them continues.

In ages old past, those who possess dark hair and eyes were warmly welcomed by the world. As any other race had their one or two Demon-Spawns of their own, it was relatively normal to see people with black hair and eyes walking out on the streets both day and night.

However, once the Demon God descended and the Demon Lords appeared, all races began to persecute those with Black hair and eyes. Of course, it went without saying that the other side retaliated as well. That was normal but that merely made the rift between the colors of black and the other race.

Kyoushiro had even read once that there were once a group of people that possessed Black hair and eyes, going around killing people, pillaging villages and violating and disrupting order. It was even said that the 12th Demon Lord, Dark Lord Trause, was one of the Demon-Spawns and caused mayhem all throughout the continent.

The curse the elven folk were saying was the one that causes monsters to flood in one city and devour everything inside it.

"But as expected, this sort of treatment suits me..." Kyoushiro silently showed a sorrowful smile as he took on the rage of the townsfolk of Caladium. His hair and skin began to feel sticky as the smell of rotten eggs and bloody meats were already attracting flies to fly all over him.

In the eyes of other people, what Kyoushiro was doing was simply and utterly stupid. He was taking on a resentment that wasn't him from the start and more so, he was taking them on while making himself look like the villain.