Vol. 2 CH. 2 - Caladium

Start from the beginning

How do I say this...? I just can't trust her yet. For now, I guess I'll stay quiet. But at any rate, being hated in this world for having the color black on my body really just annoys me. I mean....... Just quit staring damn it!!

-

As we reached our destination, the carriage that Elfianna and Durif rode had stopped. The knights that were behind us four had dismounted their horses and followed Elfianna's lead. Durif had the knights' rest in a part of the mansion's annex building.

Right, the place where we arrived at was a mansion. A western style mansion that looked like only Hollywood celebrities would live. Just how much does this race called "Elves" want to embellish the term "Beauty"?

There was a fountain a few steps outside the front door, a garden filled with colorful flowers at the back and fence full of thorns with red roses growing on it covers the entirety of the whole mansion. Todoroki admired the beautiful flowers while Sairenji and Koizumi went and followed Elfianna.

As for me, two elf guards were pointing their swords at me cautiously.

"Hey, the girl over there admiring flowers, mind telling these guys that I'm with you guys?"

"Why don't you? I mean, you have that mouth right? Tell them yourself"

This little...!! I thought at first that Todoroki had changed but looks like she hasn't!! Well, she isn't hiding behind her cute-girl act but her stuck up personality is still there!!

Having myself got riled up for something so unimportant, I sighed and calmed my heart down. Todoroki entered the mansion before me without even saying anything. Ah, she just turned around and stuck her tongue out at me huh? That brat, I'll make her pay for this later.

For now, I faced the two guards that were blocking my path.

"As you two just saw, I'm with that brat. Mind letting me in already?"

When I said that haughtily the swords got even nearer my neck; it looks like these guys doesn't' get what I'm saying huh? Is the <Language Comprehension> skill working? I'm getting annoyed by this. I've already had enough of being hated for today.

"Move"

I put pressure out as I said that. Visibly, the guards were shaken. I added <Magic Infusion> and had my body leak out thick magic power. Compared to before, my magic power rose exponentially. Fighting and killing the 9th Demon Lord gave me tons of experience points, making me level up a few tens of levels high.

I continued to intimidate the two guards until I saw their complexions drop in color. How nice, they're afraid of me now. I want to keep this up but...

"That's enough of you terrorizing my kind, Black hero"

I felt something pointy near the back of my head...

"You two, this person, unfortunately is her majesty's guest. Put down your swords at once"

"But..."

"He is... a Demon-Spawn right?"

The two guards meekly answered. These guys... they do talk huh? I thought that they were mute but I guess I was wrong. Moreover, the person behind me is quite rude huh? To keep pointing her sword at me despite knowing that I'm Elfianna's guest, her attitude really makes me tick.

I calmed myself down and let off the intimidation. The swords around neck decreases to one as the two guards returned their swords back to their sheaths. I then turned my sight over my shoulder and thanked the person that helped me.