Episode Twenty Two (Clip Two)

(At the summit, 30 minutes later.....)

----('When the sun goes down' starts playing ')----

JL walked up to the starting line in between both cars. Katie's RX-7 FD3S and Kazuo's Lan-Evo 6. The sounds of the Mitsubishi's 4G63 and the Mazda's Rotary engine revving filled the top of Mount Kobushi.

"Alright countdown in five!!" JL yelled at the top of his lungs. Both drivers got ready, paying their attention on the road in front of them.

"Four!!"

"This will be a piece of cake." Kazuo claimed. "I haven't lose to anyone in weeks!!"

"Three!!"

"If I screw this up I'll lose my dearest friend Candy!" Katie thought as she checked the fuel and water gauges. "I can't let that happen tonight!"

"Two!!"

JL glanced at Katie through the dark tilted windows of her FD while saying the countdown. "Just remember what I'd taught you over these months."

He then turned facing the front and said.

"One.....GO!!!!"

(Beat drops)

Both cars launched perfectly, Kazuo because of his all-wheel drive and Katie because of her technique she learned from JL.

However, JL noticed the light blue hair doing something. She accelerated quickly and overtook the Lan-Evo. The FD now leading into the first corner.

The dark blue hair remained calm. "I'm not expecting you to be the chaser in this battle, this is your race....."

".... So you can run it however you like."

Katie floored the gas and power drifted her partner across the first corner. Tyre squealing filled the place as the FDs pop up headlights flashed on the apex.

"Drifting huh?!" The middle aged Evo driver said. "Well, two can play that game."

The white Lan-Evo started to drift with Katie. Kazuo counter steered and kept her pace throughout the corner.

"I know you might be mad at me for not being the chaser JL," The half jap thought as she steered across another hairpin.

"But I've got a plan, and I'll be damn it'll work!"

Katie moved her hand along the gearstick as she downshifted into hairpin using the shift lock technique.

"I got you right where I want you to be!" Kazuo exclaimed, locking on to Katie's FD. "Ha! This is fun, I'll have this match before you know it!"

They both flew down the mountain at top speed. Katie ripped the handbrake and brake drifted into a U- hairpin. The Evo 6 followed her, parallel drifting beside the blue hair.

They were running well but something was completely off that Kazuo didn't notice.

Katie was running slower than she usually does.

When they reached the straights Kazuo was already starting to get piss.

"What the hell?" He noticed her speed and was getting annoyed by it. "The speed she's going is even worst than my grandma's."

After the quick straight was a sharp left, Katie executed it perfectly with a arc drift. Kazuo followed her power sliding but at the next straight the same problem came.

"This is nerve wrecking!" Kazuo thought in his head. "I can barely put my foot in the throttle without bumping onto her."

Both cars went down the mountain, drifting into corner that came. But halfway through the course, Katie was still going at 50% of her speed.

Finally, Kazuo almost pop a nerve. "That's it! Start pushing my buttons and this is what you'll get! I'm going to pass you by whatever means!!"

At the straightaway he floored the gas passed the FD.

"With 500 horsepower I'm not going to put this power into a waste staying behind you! I'll leave you in the dust now just you watch me!!" The man said with a terrifying grind as the Evo turned sharply into a left L-bend corner. The exhaust backfiring as it went into the curve doing an ultra power drift!!

"Damn, he's actually quite fast!" Katie mumbled and shrugged a little. "If I wanna execute my plan I have to keep up with him first."

She then pushed the gas to keep up with the Lan-Evo. Downshifting and braking later into hairpins.

"Hey, Candy."

"Yeah?" Her partner answered.

"You know I used to feel extremely tense when I'm racing against a skilled opponent or when the stacks are high at the losing a battle."

"But today I feel different, like I got everything under control in this battle."

"I feel calm." She admitted and smile. "Ready to win this thing?"

"You bet Katie!" The FD agreed.

"Alright let do this!"

(Music fades)