Episode Thirteen (Clip Three)

(Friday, 23:00hrs, Daikoku Parking Area)

Louis leaned on his BMW i8. The huge parking lot where the Elemental Drifters once had their meeting on was now empty. But Louis could still imagine the scene a year earlier when they realize their classmate became one with the dark element.

He knew it was without purpose waiting in a empty parking lot, but he had a feeling it would be worth it.

"I hear a car Louis." Mercy spoke making Louis to open his eyes. A black R32 Skyline showed up. It stopped close to the hoodie and parked. The sound of it's iconic RB26DETT engine fading.

"I had a feeling you'll show up." Louis humbly said to the driver of the R32.

"Going for another race I see."
Zendrick, the mysterious silver hair said. "I'm glad you took my advice and came here to Yokohama without question."

"And I'm guessing I predicted the racer correctly too. Am I right?" Zendrick asked the hoodie. Louis ignored the question and asked another instead.

"What's your purpose in all this? How do you know the next Elemental Guardian's location by just glancing at the tablet for a second." He asked back. The silver hair chuckled.

"Like I said, I know a lot things." He answered. "You do know your up against one of the best highway racers you'll ever face?"

"We've figured that out. And I bet he's no big of a deal." Louis said. "I better get back to the hotel now. It's already 11p.m. and we've got the race the next day."

"You know, defeat is very likely for you tomorrow." The sentence made Louis stop at his tracks.

"I know you saw him fly pass you at the Wangan. The dude's a speed demon." Zendrick pointed out. He was right, Max Takeshi was insanely fast in the straights.

"I have faith in my friend, Joel." Louis said. "We've always come back from a battle victorious. No matter the odds."

"Maybe not this time." The silver hair claimed, angering Louis further.

"And how the hell do you know about it!!" He sneered at the R32 driver.

"Just look at the facts," Zendrick began. "Your friends all won because they had an advantage. Marcus won because his opponent was weak at saving his tyre wear, Prayter managed only because of that jeep that was going uphill at the last corner and Rhys was because his opponent became reckless."

Louis eyes widen. "How do you know all of this??"

Zendrick chuckled before smiling at the confused hoodie. "Cause I was there Flash. I was watching all you teams races."

Louis shrugged. "The hell!! He's been monitoring us since day one?"

"I could be a big help to you though." He offered, cautioning Louis further.

"If you do lose," He began. "Well, I could predict the next location of the Elemental Guardian for you."

"No," Louis demanded without question. "It will be dishonorable to our name."

"But it's less risky." Zendrick assured him. "All I need is a glance at the tablet and you'll get the next location in no time. Heck, you can even gain this knowledge at the beginning of the race."

Louis took a moment to think. The offer was tempting and he knew the speeds that Camaro could reach.

Then he remembered what Airi had told him days ago.

"We can't be sure entirely but I do think it's a good idea to stick with him and see what the guy is holding up,"

"Alright, I'll bring you to the race." Louis agreed to his offer. " The battle starts at 8p.m. at the Kobe area."

"Thanks for the invite." The silver hair said as he opened the door to his Skyline. "You know Flash, we can be good friends one day. You and me."

The black R32 twin turbochargers roared loudly as it left the parking lot and disappeared into the Wangan leaving Louis behind.