Chapter 39

I couldn't get my mind off what happened a few days ago, where I heard, I guess, a little more than I should've. I thought I knew this family, I thought Jungkook didn't keep anything from me, but turns out I was wrong. Yet, I know clearly that he has a good reason from keeping this from me. I'm not angry, or mad, but again. Curious

  I lied to Jungkook, telling him that I wanted to sleep, but i was just trying to get out of his sight for a while. I guess we all have out little secrets to hide. I needed some private time for myself, to get to have time to find some answers. I could have simply asked Jungkook, but if he wanted to tell me, he would have already, so it would be pointless to try and get anything from him. The only person I might have a chance is...Victoria.

  I tiptoed out of my room, and luckily no one was suspicious of me. When I was sure Jungkook couldn't hear me by any chance, I broke into a small run and headed straight to the cells. I didn't have much time, Jungkook has been very protective of me, and he would check on me every twenty minutes or so.

  I slowed down, panting, and walked the rest of the journey. I just finished recovering from some of my bruises, so I still get tired easily. The bad thing in living in a castle is that everything is so far away from each other. When I finally got down to the cells, I heard whipping, and wails from Victoria. My heart ached just listening to me, they triggered my memory of when I experienced the same thing.

  There were two guards standing in front of her cell, and one torturing her. She was in the exact same position as I was. Her hands being held up by chains, kneeling on the ground, her hair down, and covering her face. She was bleeding on her thighs, and arms, and tummy. I couldn't help myself from running inside, and stood in between the guard and her.

  "Stop this." I breathed, my heart pounding. The guard, surprisingly, listened. He nodded, and went out the cell.

  I turned to Victoria, she was looking up at me. I crouched down at her level, and gently touched her wounds. She flinched at my touch.

  "Why?" she asked. "Why help me, when I tortured you the same way?"

  "Sometimes forgiving your enemy is a wise choice to make..." I answered. "Plus, I need to ask you some questions." She laughed at my first sentence.

  "Why would I answer you?" she said, tilting her head, grinning, contempt in her eyes.

  "Would you rather answer me, and stop being tortured for today, or keep on being whipped every fifteen minutes?" I asked. She hesitated at my question.

  "What question?" she finally said.

  "What's on with Taehyung?" I asked, I had many questions, but this one was the one I was most curious of. "How were you saved from him?"

  She sighed, but laughed weakly.

  "I guess your precious Jungkook doesn't tell you everything huh?" She said, "But before I tell you, you need to understand a backstory."

  "Tae is not the child of the neither the king, nor the queen." her expression turned serious.

  "He was adopted."

  Hello my baby Arrows! Wait, do you guys like being called that? Anyways! This is the last chapter I will upload this week, from now on you guys will have to wait until every Friday for an upoload. Sorry:( 

  My 8 days break is over, and school starts tomorrow, so I can't upload daily anymore. But I hope you guys were satisfied with these chapters that I uploaded daily~

 Oh, I forgot to mention, I decided to delete my FF 'A Contract' since I didn't know how to continue the story...Deeply sorry to you guys who added it in you library...Thanks for doing it, I appreciate a lot, but I just couldn't keep writing...Sorry

  Hope you guys liked this chapter, thanks for watching, and have a nice day<3