Chapter 23

I was crying, my head on his chest, his arms around me. I felt like I betrayed myself...My mind was telling me to get away from him, to hate him again, but I couldn't bring myself to do that. I wanted to stay like this, with him next to me, alone with no one to interrupt us. I missed him...a lot more than I thought I did. I didn't know I needed him this much. Just with him being next to me made me feel alive again...

  He pulled away, and looked closely at me, like he was trying to look at every angle of my face. He smiled, weakly, and bumped his forehead onto mine.

  "Forgive me Y/N." he whispered. He closed his eyes, and I looked down. Was I ready to forgive him? Was I really ready to start all over again? What if he betrays me again...For so long I've been trying to avoid this feeling of being weak and helpless...am I ready to put that behind, and take this risk?

  I'm tired...of acting as if I don't need him. I'm tired of telling myself that I hate him, when actually I need him...I'm just not strong enough of admit the truth.

  "Why?" I asked. If I'm going to decide, I need a reason. I can't forgive him just like that. He said he was forced to make that announcement. Why was he forced?

  "I don't want to tell you..." he sighed. "All this time, I've been trying to push you away from royal business, to keep you normal. I didn't want to change who you were. I love you, because of this normal you, I didn't want to get you involved..."

  Love...the feeling that I don't want to feel...not yet. I needed time, and space. I needed to get myself back together...it's been five years since he made the announcement. Too much has happened, and I don't know if I'm ready to accept this feeling.

  "Your...married." I said, suddenly remembering the fact he was married already. I pulled away, and turned around. I can't do this...he's a married man, and here I am putting my face in his chest, hearing him saying that he loves me...

  "No." He said, "I'm not married."

  I looked at him, eyes all wide. Wasn't he suppose to be married to Tzuyu a long time ago?

  "We were too young to get married at that time. Our parents decided to wait until our 21 birthday." He explained. "But I don't want her. I want you."

  I can't...I'm breaking their marriage. Even if I agreed, both the royal families wouldn't agree. I'd just be an obstacle for the families, and they would find a way to get me out of there.

  "I need time...and space." I finally said.

  I was about to walk out, when Jungkook pulled my hand, forcing me to look at him. His eyes were filled with pain, and sorrow.

  "Why do I feel like, if I let you go now. It'll be a long time that we'll meet again?" He said.

   I bit my lip. I didn't want to go, but I didn't want to agree so soon as well. I looked away, avoiding his eyes, and walked out of the room. My heart ached. Every part of me wanted to go back to him...and now that he gave me the chance, I suddenly didn't know what to do. I walked back to Tae, he was with some guests, sitting in a booth.

  I sat down next to him, but my mind was still with the question of Jungkook.

  "I want you..."his words appeared in my head. I want him as well, but it feels like we were not meant for each other...the last time I tired, he broke me to pieces, I'm not strong enough to take it again.

  I don't know.

  Hehehe, here's the chapter I promised to upload every Friday. But since I'm in a good mood today, I'm deciding to upload four chapters or more today and tomorrow. Stay tuned~

  Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Check out my other FFs as well, and have a nice day.

  P.S. thanks to all of the people who put this library, I can't thank you guys one by one, but I see every single one of you. Bye~