Chosen Girl of Shimono Hiro Part 1

Requested by YukinaMizuki

~

"Once again this year, among 56 schools across Japan, a student from our school was chosen to participate in the yearly academic olympiad. (L/N) (F/N), the chosen student will be participating again this year in the said event.."

I looked at her and she was holding her laugh when I noticed that she stopped from reading. "What?"

"Ah, no. It's just do you want to listen to the next line?"

"No need, I already know what it said. Besides, I've been participating since I entered this school. You know that very well, Haruhi" I answered and continued writing

"But still they really wrote whatever they want, our school newspaper team." Haruhi chuckled and continued reading "(L/N) is known as the school luckiest girl. With her good academic history, rich family household and kind friends, she is always chosen to participate in inter-school academic..."

I'm not lucky. I couldn't help but study since that's all I can do for now. Rich family household? It's because of my parents hard work, not mine. I haven't proven anything right now. Luckiest, huh? I just wish that they stopped that.

"...(F/N)"

And before I fall on the depth of my thoughts, I felt Haruhi's hand tapping on mine. She pointed the phone on my side that was vibrating non-stop.

"Hiro-san?" I grabbed my phone and answered it

"(F/N)!"

"As always your voice is so loud. What's up?"

"Are you still in your school?"

"Yeah, in the library. Just finishing rewriting my lecture notes. Why?"

"I need a favor."

"Of what?"

"Ehh, uhm, ahh"

I chuckled since I could here him hesitating to tell it over the phone "I understand, let's meet in the music store in front of the station in 30 minutes. I'll just finish rewriting my notes"

"Thank you (F/N)! Then I'll see you later! Make sure to wear warm clothes"

I hang up the call and put my phone on my side. I giggled and started writing again

"Is that Shimono-san?" Haruhi asked still holding the school newspaper "you are really lucky, but I feel bad for you, since the guy you like only thinks of you as a friend"

"It's fine. He doesn't know anyway." I answered. She's right. The guy who was with me for a long time only thinks of me as a friend. That's why, I'm not lucky at all

(F/N) is better in my opinion. She will be my partner. That's why I'm sorry. I chose (F/N), okay?

~

After finishing my lecture notes, I gathered all my things and put them on my bag.

"Then see you on Monday, Haruhi. Don't forget about the report"

"I understand. By the way, in the newspaper, I read something about the academic Olympiad, seemed like it is different as before"

"Yeah, but I'm not thinking about that for now."

"Are you going to tell Shimono-san?"

I smiled and waved at her as I left the school library and headed towards the music store. Indeed, I need to tell Hiro-san about the Olympiad. I must...