The Target is Not Hatano Wataru Part 1

Requested and Story plot by yinxue

~

"(L/N), you are so slow! Get a grip of yourself!"

"(L/N), you failed again!"

"(L/N), you messed up with the schedule again!"

"(L/N), you missed another schedule!"

Ah! Seriously! SHUT UP!

Well, as if I could tell them! They were my senpai in work here. Just say what you want now, if I find the one targeting the president, I'm out of here. If I just followed the instruction a year ago, I wouldn't be here.

I just need to hold on a little bit. I just need to pretend that I'm a klutz!

"(L/N)-san"

"Yes" I turned around immediately and it was Hatano Wataru-san. A voice actor affiliated here in 81 Produce. "D-Do you need something, Hatano-san?"

"Yeah, can you make a copy of my manuscript?" he handed me his manuscript, and his gentle smile escaped from his face "I just need to run an errand outside the company and when I return can you give it to me in the meeting room on the upper floor?"

"Yes, I will. Do not worry about it" well, even though I said that, he might think that I would fail

"Thank you" his smile was really a refreshment

I forgot, there were people here who were kind enough to smile even though they knew how bad I was. On top of that, Hatano Wataru-san, from the very start, he never failed to smile towards me.

Every time he smiles at me, my heart would skip a beat and then it would not stop pounding. I knew very well that I shouldn't feel this towards someone because of my line of work, but I couldn't help it! And of all people, I didn't want to act fool in front of him. I always do perfect job if it was for him!

"(L/N)"

"HAI!" oops "AH, Ueda-san, I apologize"

"No, it is fine. The president is calling you"

"Ah yes. Thank you"

Okay, after photocopying his manuscript, I needed to talk to the president.

The president knew that I was moved here as a bodyguard, but still he didn't know who was targeting him. I still need to protect him and act klutz at the same time. But of course, it is not only the president that I should protect, but all the people here. I need to make sure that no one would find out that I came from CIA.

"(L/N) sure moved swiftly. As expected from a CIA agent"

I jolted in surprised and looked behind me. Did I say that in loud voice?

"Eh?" I blinked fast and tilted my head "Masuto-san?"

"Yo!"

"What are you doing here?!" Masuto-san was one of CIA agents but I heard he took a break because of personal reason

"I should be the one asking that. What on earth does one of the top agents of CIA doing here?"

I chuckled forcefully trying to forget what happened in my last mission in Taiwan. If I listened to them and didn't go on my own way, I wouldn't be here.

"Well, mission" I answered in low voice

"Hmmm, then can I tag along? You are going to see the president, right?"

"Eh?"

"He is being targeted, right?"

"Don't tell me?!" he nodded and smiled. Ah, I didn't know that a senpai from CIA would be here. Probably, he was also assigned to work here. They were making sure that I would not fail