My Knight is Kamiya Hiroshi Part 1

Requested by dgscombi18

~

Family status, the very important phrase that I need to remember. If you are born with a royal blood, then you are not allowed to love, to be friend with people from a lower family. That was why, even though the king, my brother, my sister, or whoever told me to get married, I always reject them. They told me that some guys from noble families wanted me as their partner, but I always declined their wanting to meet me. Prince? Well, because I have an older sister they should meet her first before me. People from a wealthy family, that's all you can be friends or can be loved. Lower family, like the people serving us, the knights, soldiers, and servants, I'm not allowed to be friends nor love one of them.

I was born in this kind of society, in this kind of hierarchy. In which, I fall in love with someone that is included in the lower families. Because of that, I hated the fact that I was born in royal family. I couldn't fall in love, yes I know that, so at least I befriend my servants, the soldiers, and the knight.

"Princess, I appreciate if you focus on your homework. Midorikawa-sensei ordered me to make sure that you will finish your homework"

This knight! My personal knight since three years ago. He was the reason why I hated my family background. Why I wasn't born with same status as him? Why he wasn't with same status as me? Why did he need to serve me? Why did he become a knight? Why did I fall in love with him?

I met Hiroshi three years ago. I only knew that his name is Hiroshi. My father was the one who put in charge in looking after me. No one knew where he came from, except father, but amazingly, he was in par with the S-rank knights in the palace. He didn't graduate from their academy, hence he was indeed great. I didn't like him at first, but then I gradually fall for him after he saved me when I was kidnapped by my own servant and was about to be sold. He got mad at me for being carefree. 

Anyways, I actually finished my homework from a long time now. But if I tell him, we would leave now and I would head to my next class. Well, I was fine to attend Sugita-sensei's class, since he is an interesting teacher, but lately, I've been thinking of something.

"Hiroshi" I called this knight who was standing still, guarding me here in the garden that was located in the west part of the palace. I always chose this garden since the place was very neat. A small nipa hut in the middle of the green garden with flowers and a pond surrounding below. You could only enter the nipa hut through the bridge, connecting to the other nipa hut. But compare to this nipa hut, the other one has another exit.

"Yes, princess?" he responded still looking towards the bridge, his back facing me

"I've been reading the homework given to us by Midorikawa-sensei and Yusa-sensei, I haven't experienced poverty, and I didn't know what it really means."

"I don't get what you are trying to say, princess"

"I mean, since then until now, people like me will never experience this word. Even though the economic falls off, or if the whole country had a red alert for poverty, I would never experience it."

"Princess, please explain clearly"

"By that time, the foods, the wealth that I will experience, they will come from the people who are experiencing the word poverty. From the tax." This time I noticed that he looked at me with confused face "Say Hiroshi, have you experienced it?" he remained silence and I gazed outside "My father and brother told me not to worry about these things. But as a princess, I want to see with my own eyes the state of the people outside the palace. I wanted to know if they are experiencing poverty. I want to make sure, that the country is in good shape"