The Promise of Ishii Mark Part 1

Requested by THEIDIOTPOTATOLOVER

~

Everyone was arguing, who should take responsibility. Pointing the responsibility to others. No one wanted to initiate, except you who grabbed my hand and stood next to me.

"I'll take care of her!" For others, it was just a kid's words, but for me, it became my world. "Don't worry (F/N), I promise not to let you go!"

~
The sound of the alarm resonated around the room. I knew that it was ringing for a while now, since I alarmed it at 7 am, but it was already 7:12. I need to leave at 8:30. I still have time, so I again alarmed my phone to 7:20. Once it alarm again, I extended 5 more minutes, and another 5 minutes.

But I was feeling so tired, and good thing that I also alarm at 8am. I prepared myself for 15 minutes and hurriedly went down.

"Good morning" I greeted auntie who was smiling at me while cooking breakfast. "Mark already left?" I asked and sat down on the table.

"Yes my dear. He has an early work today" auntie answered as I took a bite on the toast

Ishii family adopted me when my parents died in an accident, leaving only me. My relatives didn't want to take the responsibility to look after me.

It was Mark who held my hand and stepped forward to take responsibility of me. Uncle and auntie agreed to it, and since then, I was living with them.

"Ah by the way auntie, here" I handed her an envelope and smiled "my share for this month"

"(F/N) dear, I told you not to worry about it. Save it for future use"

"It's fine. I already saved enough. At least I can help in paying the house bills." I said and it was then my alarm again rang, and I needed to catch up my bus. "I'll go now auntie." I hurriedly said and she also gave me my lunch. "Ah, and I will also check the venue later."

"Okay, take care. Oh, and wait, here's for Mark, can you give it to him. Since you will see him later, right?"

I got the folder from her and headed towards the bus station.

~
"So the venue, it's already confirmed" I told Mark who was sitting across me eating the lunch his mother cooked for him. His hand stop moving and his eyes widened from what I said "I got a reply and so I'll go there later."

"I'll go!" He excitedly responded having shaded of red in his cheeks

"You don't need to go. I mean, you should go with-"

"I'll go. I want to check it myself" he insisted that made me laughed and shook my head in defeat.

Mark is a seiyuu, but yes, compare to others, he voiced not much of an anime. Still, I'm proud of him. I worked under his agency as a secretary.

I took a spoonful of rice while browsing the news. Only boring news could be found and no interesting ones. I let a big sigh but it was then I felt Mark's thumb near my lips

"Focus on eating, you have sauce here" he remarked while wiping it

"Sorry, sorry." I chuckled but felt my chest tighten from his actions. He was always like this ever since.

~

Later that day, I just finished my duty and was busy putting my personal things on my bag. I was startled when someone put an arm around my shoulder, but realized from the smell.

"Mark, don't startle me like that!" I sighed putting the last file on my bag "you really are coming with me?"

He nodded with a big wide smile and then grabbed my hand. "Let's go!"