One Sided Love for Kimura Ryouhei Part 1

Bookworm...

Nerd...

Old fashioned...

Yes, they were all my nicknames.

In past 8 years, they always call me those names. I couldn't blame them, it was true. I loved books. I was wearing glasses. I always get the perfect score. But the way I wore my clothes, it was not that old-fashioned. It was just that I didn't like the modern fashion.

But they knew nothing about me. I loved music. I composed songs; I play guitar, keyboard, drum, and more instruments. That's the thing I really like about myself. My love in music.

No one knew about it, except my best friend who Hates music. Yes, Aya hated music. But she didn't care about that. In fact, she was the one who told me about the music camp five years ago. I persuaded her to come, but she refused.

But thanks to her, five years ago I discovered a very astonishing thing. Kimura Ryohei, the MVP superstar of our school, was there. Not just visiting. According to the other campers, he was there since 8 years old. The very interesting part was, no one, yes no one in the school knew about it. They only knew him as a basketball superstar.

I liked him ever since I joined the summer music camp. I heard his music; I fall in love with his music. When I discovered his secret, I watched him every day from a distance. He looked so lonely, and he never smiled or laughed the way he does during the summer camp. Does he like playing basketball? I always asked myself.

I didn't have a chance to talk to him, not even once during the summer camp. In school, girls always follow him, and he always had practice. So I wonder if he knew me, or did he even know that I exist.

This year, it was our last year in university. Aya knew about my crush on Kimura-kun and always advised me to stop but I told her that I couldn't because I love him and his music.

I watched High School Musical and compared me to Gabriella and Kimura-kun to Troy. No one knew about the singing thing. People only knew about her being a nerd and him as a basketball star. But those two were connected by one thing, music. Though we were connected by music, we were not closed like them, and I only had a one-sided love. I once hoped to be his girlfriend.

But When I heard about Kimura-kun dating one of the girls in cheerleading, I thought of something ridiculous. Make a plan to break them up. But how? I had no chance of winning against Nana-san, the girl that was rumored to be his girlfriend.

I was just a filthy little dreamer, dreaming that I could talk to him about the things that we both love.

November came and I was still moving on. It had been a month since I heard that news. But this month, I loved it.

I was walking on the hallway holding my things in front of me. I was about to go home, when I bumped to one of the basketball players. My whole things flew over and they were all scattered on the floor. No one helped me. They were all jerk, I said to myself. But of course, Kimura-kun was different. He helped me picked up my things but then the other players just teased him.

"Ryohei, aren't you being nice to Ms. Bookworm?"

"Hey, we can tell to everyone that he dumped Nana then started dating her"

"Nice idea"

They said simultaneously. Kimura-kun at first didn't care, but when they got noisier and noisier, he snapped "Will you shut up?" They just all laughed at him and he shook his head. I looked at him and he grabbed my pencil case and handed to me. The most surprising part, he apologized. "Sorry about that. Don't listen to them. They are just joking. Also, Nana is not my girlfriend"