The Gentleman Sugiyama Noriaki Part 1

Requested by ann_1914 and Sonicxcouples

~

Pulling my luggage behind, the hectic ambiance welcomed me. People were busy going here and there, entering and exiting Narita Airport.

"Hello Japan" I mumbled under my breath.

I roamed around the airport finding where I could take a taxi. I was conscious with how should I speak. You couldn't blame me, I was born in (Country) but migrated to Canada. And I had never been here. My mother was a Japanese, and my father is (Nationality).

On my way to customer service, a person that was on hurry, accidentally bumped to me. All my things fall down, and none wanted to help me. Well, they were all busy to their own time.

"Here" I was surprised since there was still a person kind enough to help me.

"T-thank you." I blushed and got my bag from him

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly

"Yes, I am. Thank you very much." I answered and smiled "Just a little bit surprised."

"Your first time in Japan?" He asked and I was surprised that he knew "it's sort of normal here this time around" he explained

"Yes, I haven't been here since my family moved to Canada" I answered checking things "uhm, may I know where I can get a taxi here?"

"I'll lead the way" he said smiling gently towards me. I felt so calm and safe for some reason.

I resisted at first but he insisted. He held my things and not long after, we arrived outside.

"T-thank you very much" I bowed down 90 degrees, showing my sincerest gratitude

"No problem. Will you be okay after this?" He worriedly asked. I was about to answer when suddenly someone shouted that shifted both of our eyes on the entrance

"Ah! Sugiyama-san! I knew you'll be here!" A man on his 30s hurriedly grabbed the person who helped me "I know you are kind enough to help others, but please remember that we are in tight schedule" I could hear the other man that he was really anxious. The man who helped me just waved at me and I did the same.

I got in the taxi and told the driver the address of the hotel. I got my phone out and contacted my boss, which is also my father, but I only got the voice mail.

"I arrived in Japan safely and I'm on my way to my hotel. I will find her relatives and bring one with me when I return there"

As I sat silently inside the taxi, I watched the buildings outside that we were passing on. But suddenly I remembered the one who helped me "Sugiyama?" I blinked fast and shouted that startled the driver

"Is there something wrong?" he asked worriedly

"Ah, no, sorry, I just remember something" I smiled and gazed down "Uhm by the way, in Japan, it is normal to have the same surname right?"

"Yes, it's normal. But there are with rare surname"

"How about Sugiyama?"

"It's normal to have that same surname" he answered and I sighed "Here we are, Ma'am" I paid him and he helped me put my luggage down.

"Thank you very much" I bowed down and pulled my luggage towards the front desk. After I checked-in, I headed to my room, and immediately searched the directions for the Sugiyama I am looking.

For why?

A month ago, there was an old lady that was transferred in our home center. Surprisingly, no one knew her real name, and they couldn't even have proper conversation with her. She has a dementia, and she couldn't remember that much. However, a week after her transfer, I sat down beside her, silently. She smiled at me and I smiled back. I handed her some bread, and she accepted without hesitate. After that, there was a word she said to me, that I finally found out where she came from.