The Target is Not Hatano Wataru Part 1

Start from the beginning

After photocopying the manuscript, we went to talk to the president. He just asked me if I already knew who was targeting him, but no luck. He was also surprised that Masuto-san was also a CIA agents. After talking to him, I went to give the manuscript to Hatano-san.

"Hatano-san" I knocked on the door as he was stacking papers inside. "I'm here to give you the copies"

"Ah, (L/N)-san. Thank you for the good work"

"No problem, it is my work after all"

"Can I ask another favor?" his smile really was the best! "I need someone to practice with. Can you help me practice?"

"Me? I am not a seiyuu though" I wanted to help him, but even though I was a top class CIA agent, there were things that I couldn't do

"It's okay, you just need to read the lines" he said and asked me to sit down

I was so nervous that I sat down across him. I could feel that I was sweating bucket!

"You don't need to sit far from me." he laughed and shook his head "Then, let's start"

We started practicing lines and I was surprised that he was really doing his best, even though he was just reading his lines. I mean, it wasn't a real recording. As expected from a pro-seiyuu

"Thank you, (L/N)-san" he smiled as we finished. We ran through the lines for an hour and he was still on the roll. He still wanted to practice, but it was a good thing that we stopped. I was out of voice "As expected from (L/N)-san, you can do anything"

I chuckled and shook my head "No, I am not good. I fail a lot"

He smiled and shook his head, "You are great! I apologize to say this but I feel like you intend to do it. You intend to finish things perfectly, but for some reason you need to make a mistake halfway"

He knows! Eh?!

"Ah, no, that's-"

"Also your movement is very swift. You sometimes do stunts when you are using the exit stairs"

HE KNEW! I MEAN! WAS HE WATCHING ME?!

"H-Hatano-san, that's- WHO'S THERE?!" I immediately ran to the door when I felt a presence, but there was no one. What was that? An intense glare! A menace intent kill?!

"(L/N)-san, what's wrong?"

"Sorry, Hatano-san I need to go"

"Wait! Here" I looked at him and on his hands "Hatano-san?" he was giving me his bottled water, and even a candy?

"You managed to practice with me without drinking and even didn't make a mistake. Drink this and then take this candy, it will help you not to get a sore on your throat"

"Hatano-san!" I was happy that I jumped into him and hugged him "Thank you very much! You are so kind!"

After accepting his kindness, I hurriedly ran out of the room and looked for that menacing glare, but found no one. That glare, what the heck was that?!

~

After that day, I was on my guard, but

"Hatano-san what happened to you?" I looked at Hatano-san and his manager, and he had a cut on his right cheek

"Ah, kids were playing outside and they accidentally hit the window, and I was walking near there"

"Here" I approached him unconsciously and gave a band-aid "It will stung a little bit, since it is different"

"T-Thanks"

But after that day, for unknown reason, I kept on hearing news that Hatano-san was getting bruises and even his things were being rummage.