Just Laugh Ono Daisuke Part 2

Start from the beginning

That night, I was surprised, Ono-kun was standing in front of my apartment building with his black winter jacket and black specs.

Even though I wanted to talk to him, I wanted to hear his explanation, I pretended not to see him and passed him, but he called my name and why I couldn't resist even his voice?!

"(F/N), let me apologize and explained" I stopped without turning "It is fine if you don't look at me, just listen to me" I heard him breath and he seemed took a deep breath and gathered all his courage "I'm sorry. My company gave me a job today. I thought that I messaged you, but when I noticed I didn't send it. I tried to call you after the radio program, but I couldn't reach you. I really wanted to go today with you, but that happened"

"Yeah, well, I heard from those teenagers that you had a radio program." I told him and looked at him with disappointed look "I was just waiting for a simple one message, but it didn't come. Though I enjoyed shopping today." I showed him the things I bought and smiled "Your present to auntie, I'll just tell her that you will send it as a package. Or you can greet her on your radio program. Ono Daisuke-kun, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, here's my present to you" I gave him my present for him, bowed down and left him.

I didn't want to act like that, but why, why did I act so cold in front of him? I hated myself! I made him so sad, and his tears just ran down on his cheeks. I just wanted him to smile, to laugh, but I was the one who made him with that face.

Finally 31 arrived and when I arrived in my hometown, my relatives were all present. I gave my presents to them and they were so happy. Though, I couldn't lie that I wasn't happy. My chest was so heavy, and still Ono-kun's face was popping on my head.

"I'll just go and have a walk" I told them and left.

I was walking around aimlessly but the heavy feelings inside me couldn't go away. "I think my new year will have a heavy feeling. A what a bad premonition"

"Ahra, isn't it (F/N)-san? You are celebrating New Year here, it's been a long time" I looked behind me and Ono-kun's mother was there with grocery bags on her head

"Ah, Auntie, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" I bowed down and greeted her "I'll help you with your groceries" I got the things on her hand and walked with her to their house, well, beside ours

"How are you?" she asked gently

"I am fine"

"You looked like you have a big problem though"

"Ah, no, just tired from the travel" I answered and sighed

"I hope that's the case." She smiled and patted my back

After sending her home, I told her to wait me again, and so I immediately went home and got my gift for her. She opened my gift and gladly accepted it. In return, she also gave me a gift. I stayed for 10 more minutes, and then went home to help my family for our New Year's Eve party.

"(F/N)-nee, let's go watch the fireworks outside! We know a good spot!" my cousins asked me. Even though we were still busy, my mother told me to go with them

As if my childhood returned, we stood on top of the hill and we could see the whole town of Sakawa. It was beautiful and very peaceful. When I was young, I used to go here, with him.

Ah, again, I remembered him.

I think it was better if he didn't find out that I moved to Tokyo. If he didn't find out, my feelings for him just stayed to as it was before.

"We used to go here when we were young, right?" I jolted in surprise but stayed in my composure "I missed this town"

"What are you doing here, Ono Daisuke-kun?" I asked in my usual monotone voice "Did you see auntie?"

"I greeted her and already left my gift to her. Why I am here, well, we will be celebrating New Year here. Then we will do our radio program here on Saturday" he explained but I felt that he was so tense

"Ah, I see, so your gift to auntie is Kamiya-san" I put my hand on my pocket then fixed my eyes on my cousins who were playing as their voices were echoing around

"I actually have another reason" he suddenly said "We promised to watch the fireworks here before, but we only came here to play, but never watched fireworks, right?"

"I'm surprised that you remembered it" I commented and I heard his laughed "Ah, you forgot, surely, but someone just reminded you" he remained silence. Surely it meant yes.

"Ah, one more minute!" my cousins shouted as we stayed silence standing beside each other and our gaze were just looking straight to the town

"10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1!"

My time stopped, my mind went black, I couldn't hear anything. The fireworks and the voices of my cousins were mute to my ears.

Once the clock stroke to 12, as the New Year came, I felt Ono-kun's lips on top of mine. His cold smooth lips was the first thing happened in my New Year

Once he parted, I could see his face so close to me and the fireworks display was making the surroundings bright.

"W-what, eh?!"

"I finally realize, why I felt so shy when I think that we would go shopping just the two of us. Why I was so happy when I found out that you moved to Tokyo. It is because I love you, (F/N). Not just as childhood friend, but as someone so special, a special woman"

My eyes widened and he was serious when he said that "Y-you realize you say, someone just made you realize it, stupid"

I heard him laughed and he nodded "Kamiya-san interrogated me and finally it was then I realize. I apologize I am so slow"

"Hmmmmp" I averted my gaze and again he laughed

"How about you, (F/N)?"

"I-I have nothing to say" even though I had lots of things to say, I didn't want to say it. I was so shy! 

"Eh, but your face is not agreeing with you" he laughed as he held my cheeks. I could feel his cold hand and I looked at him, he was smiling "Your face is so red and you are holding your tears"

"I-I am not! Stupid Daisuke!" I disagree, but I knew that I wanted to cry, my face was so red and I could feel my heart would explode any time by now

"Yes, yes" he laughed and again he planted a deep kiss on mine, but this time, I accepted his love as we started the new year "Happy New Year, (F/N), I love you"

~Just Laugh Ono Daisuke Part 2~Fin~

~To be Continued~The Voice of Shimono Hiro Part 1~