The blank screen

She stared at the screen. She stared at the very blank screen that she would soon need to bring to life.

She wondered what she would type about today. Maybe… horses? She began to plan the storyline, of how she was to write about horses. She began with ‘Horses love piñatas because it’s often shaped like themselves’. She paused for a moment and after that paused moment, she laughed at herself for being so silly. She dismissed the nonsensical idea and went back to staring at the screen. No, she wasn’t daydreaming, nor was she sick. She was just.. plainly.. staring. Believe me, she did look quite silly.

All of a sudden, the ceiling above her began to part. Her whole house began to rumble and an angelic music began to play. Nothing had quite prepared her for what was happening which involved pigs. More specifically, pigs started to fall from the opening of the ceiling and they were very, so very gracefully falling. It was mostly due to the fact that they were falling in slow motion which contributed to them seemingly having fallen ‘gracefully’.

Her jaw dropped. Her eyes widened.

She had never been this close to a real life pig, what more the dozen pigs which were falling in slow motion from sky, into her room.

She got up and made her way towards a very handsome pig with a goatee and a bowtie. She’d reckoned he was the most handsome thing she had seen in her life. If you had been there, you would have marveled at the sight of slow motion-ness and thought the whole event to be picture perfect. Well, the girl and the pig now had their hands and hooves respectively in contact. They danced the waltz, the salsa, the quickstep, Whatever, you name it! They have danced.

The whole moment was ruined when the food came. You could’ve imagined the very handsome pig abandoning the girl in the middle of that dance, because as predictable as it was, that was what he did. He left her, for the food. The girl took comfort though, at the fact that her pig wasn’t the only one that had left her for the food, but everyone, or rather, every other pig.

Little did she know that this whole event was just playing in her head - none of it a reality. She had been daydreaming and her eyes were still glued to the blank computer screen. When she snapped out of it, she raised one of her eyebrows, wondering what all THAT was about. She would maybe consider writing about her dance with the pig. She was looking at the blank screen again, the very boring old one. Lucky for her, her imagination managed to suck her into it before boredom came to compete for her attention.

This time, the setting was different. She was in a cowboy town, sitting. She got out of her chair and looked around. The place she was in was a deserted pub, with its bartender’s skeletal remains on the counter. She decided to explore the town and walked out of the pub.

She walked passed deserted shops and came to a stop. In a distance, she could see a light, possibly a small shop. Her hopes were up and she quickened her pace. She was coated in sweat and dust but it didn’t bother her, she still wanted to reach that light.

Finally, she did. It was a food store. The kind hawkers owned. Fatigued and dehydrated, she sat down and ordered food and drink. She sat down, waiting for her food and surveyed the place. She looked at nothing in particular and couldn’t help but wonder why the hawkers would choose such a far off place, in the middle of nowhere with no inhabitants, to operate their stall at. Then she came up with a theory.

These hawkers had secretly struck gold! They were rich and everyday as a cover, they operated a food store to cover up. But the question was, how did they first discover the gold?

Well, it was simple. One day they happened to be frying some food while crossing that area when hot oil spilt on the sandy ground. Because the oil was used and dirty, it somehow mutated and had acidic properties. Its acidic properties burnt a hole into the ground and the person responsible for spilling the oil noticed something shiny.

That. Was the story of how they discovered gold. The girl smiled at how accurate she was. The food was served and the girl started chewing on the food. It was hard and tastless and she couldn’t chew it. In her mind she was thinking ‘Aha! I was right! You guys suck in cooking food and all this was just a cover up for your gold venture’ When she realized…

She was, in reality, biting on her keyboard. She looked left and right, up and down, and hoped that no one saw her do that because then she wouldn’t have a valid explanation. ‘Thank God no one saw me’ she thought. She was a victim of her imagination and it was all very vivid and real to her. She wiped off her saliva from the keyboards and faced the still, blank screen. The gloomy, gloomy screen.

Then she reached down to her black cuboid shaped case that housed the CPU and pressed the ‘on’ button.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you so much for the peeps who read and commented on my stories! :D

Most of my stories don't make any sense but you guys still read it anyway! :D Thank you!

Thank you for reading, commenting and fanning! Sorry for any grammar mistakes :X

Have a wonderfullyterrificallyniceday! :D

<3 E