A Lucky Day

A light breeze I could feel, running through my many hair. It was refreshing and for a little guy like me, was almost equivalent to a bath. After all, all that was A light breeze I could feel, running through my many hair. It was refreshing and for a little guy like me, was almost equivalent to a bath. After all, all that was dirty about me was the dust particles and rubbish bin juice that often gets caught in my hair.

I spotted an ice cream cone lying idly on the floor, it's chocolate and vanilla flavored contents slowly melting. I shouted Hallelujah and landed on the semi liquid substance. This must be my lucky day I thought to myself!! Let me explain why..

When I awoke this morning, I smelt the most wonderful sort of smell in the world; fermented domestic waste lying in a rubbish bin, with the lid left ajar. My hungry stomach which did not have a thing to entertain it since 5 hours ago rumbled. I knew what I had to do. I flew to my desired spot and quenched my thirst and stomach, drinking the liquid which bacteria had acted upon. YUM..MEE! It was as if heaven were in my mouth. What can I say? As a housefly, Heaven can be easily found on Earth. The only thing that was dirty

about me was the dust particles and rubbish bin juice that often gets caught in my hair.

I spotted an ice cream cone lying idly on the floor, it's chocolate and vanilla flavored contents slowly melting. I shouted Hallelujah and landed on the semi liquid substance. This must be my lucky day I thought to myself!! Let me explain why..

When I awoke this morning, I smelt the most wonderful sort of smell in the world; fermented domestic waste lying in a rubbish bin, with the lid left ajar. My hungry stomach which did not have a thing to entertain it since 5 hours ago rumbled. I knew what I had to do. I flew to my desired spot and quenched my thirst and stomach, drinking the liquid which bacteria had acted upon. YUM..MEE! It was as if heaven were in my mouth. What can I say? As a housefly, Heaven can be easily found on Earth.

After I was done with my scrumptious breakfast, I flew over to meet my children. It had been three days since I had left them on that dead animal carcass in the jungle. I wondered how they were doing. 526 of them had still survived! How marvelous! Only four fatalities had occurred. They were some big maggots I must say! Poor dead deer.. All that remained of it was it's skeleton and some of it's face. I had a talk with my children and they told me how they were doing. We promised to keep in contact and then I excused myself to go back to work; spreading dirt particles in all the places I possibly could.

I was flying over a theme park when I got caught in something fluffy but sweet no doubt. My sucker (I think that's what they use for mouths? I'm not entirely sure though) automatically went to work and after two hours of laboring, I had managed to gobble up the whole cotton candy. You should've seen the grin I had on after that!

my little belly was now bloated. I was extremely full and probably due to the sudden increase of body weight, my wings refused to fly. So I rested on a park bench, like an obese little housefly.

When I felt lighter enough, I took off and flew to the park, where I now was.

Now I'm done with my ice cream, I decide to go home. On the journey back, I passed a burger stall.. I couldn't resist anymore and gave into temptation. I gobbled up one whole beef burger that was left in the kitchen, possibly for the cook to eat later or something. Then.. I saw it, the most beautiful thing I had ever landed eyes on..

It had a pretty blue light and heat emanating from it. It just looked so comfy.. It was a box.. I could fit inside there.. I was drawn to the box.. All I could think of was the box.. Like now.. I did the only thing I could at that moment.. I let my body drift towards the box.. Slowly.. Slowly..

I now entered the metal thing.. I was completely amazed at it's beauty.. And what a marvelous blue light.. Then I felt it getting warmer.. Warmer... The heat was so intense, as if.. It were going to eat me up.. I gave a shrill scream, which probably sounded like a squeak to a human ear.. This is my fate I thought.. I got myself into this mess.. I couldve been eating another burger or something. Heh.. Pathetic little housefly..

"ZAAAAP!" a fried and shrunken version of the housefly now lied at the base of the insect zapper, along with a few hundred of others whose life ended so abruptly. He was brave, courageous and... Daring..

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

BABY BELUGAS! I just wanted to say... THANK YOU SO MUCH! (It's amazing how normal I sound right? heeeh!) Oh right.. THANK YOU SO MUCH EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU WHO VOTED, COMMENTED, FANNED, VOTED, COMMENTED AND READ.. AND READ my stories!! :D

I would sing 'Top of the World' by Carpenters right now but I don't think that would be a very good idea seeing that I don't have a good singing voice.. Scratch that.. I sound like doo doo.. okay.. that was a bad metaphor.. I mean I sound like ... nails scratching a chalkboard.. Yep.. that's me! :D

So, anyways.. I wanted to shoutout to Candle_Ice and thank her for all her support, comments, votes and replies. As you all probably already know, she is the author of 'Her Royal Pen Pal' and a few other books. Her works are... astounding.. So 'if' you don't know who she is, please do check her out. Without her(or you), my ebook wouldn't have reached #16 in the short stories category and I wouldn't have as many fans, comments, votes, reads (you name it) that I have right now.. Her birthday was/is on the 24/6 so those reading this now please go wish her happy birthday and give her a cyber hug. :D Candle_Ice. Remember the username. (Those of you reading later please do wish her a belated birthday too alright!) :D

I'm so sorry my author's note is so very long... but I really have to express my gratitude... :D

Thank you so much for reading!... :D (I know this story was kinda gross.. :X But I go where my imagination takes me :P)

<3 E