The Spot.

It had been residing on the perfectly white marble floor of the living room for quite a few days now. No amount of scrubbing, mopping or wiping would make it disappear.

A real stubborn spot it was. Black in colour and it's circumference was about 10cm. It wasn't quite round neither was it of an irregular shape. But it was, quite noticeable.

That was probably not a good thing for the floor was part of a public room and that room was a section of a house. The house belonged to three young ladies who were sisters and happened to emphasize on neatness.

It annoyed the hell out of Lin, Mable and Rupinah that they weren't able to get rid of the spot. They had called in their cleaner to help with the problem. He was the very best in the land but even he couldn't help them.

The spot, now that it had become the talk of the town, was noticed by all the ladies' visitors. Funny thing though, no one had any idea on how the spot managed to get on the floor.

One day they decided that they had had enough. They hired a workman to change that particular tile. By doing that, they thought that they could now put their nightmares to rest.

How wrong they were because when the workman removed the tile, he found a small hole, bigger in size than the spot. Wanting to test the depth of the hole, he took a long stick and put it into the hole. However, the stick was not long enough and the workman lost his grasp on the stick and it fell downwards.. No one knew how deep it had landed.. Well, no one except God, that is.

This mysterious hole had puzzled everyone present and they did not know what to do next.

They tried putting cement into the hole, in order to seal it up but no matter how much cement they poured in, it never seemed to be enough. Strangely enough, they couldn't even see a slightest hint of the mixture from above the ground.

The workmen, (the first workman called back up) finally gave up and decided to just install the new tile without bothering the seemingly endless hole. The party celebrated after that, for their six hours of endless labour and sweat. They even joked that the hole was indeed a black hole, even though none of them had seen one.

How right they were, if only they had known from the start..

Meanwhile, back in the home of the three sisters, the spot had reappeared. This time, it grew lager by the second, as if seeking revenge for disturbing it's peace.

It was rapidly growing by the second. Larger and more ferocious than ever. No one had noticed it yet this time, the sisters were out grocery shopping.

A shriek, a squeal and a scream could be heard. The three sisters had come to see their whole house black in colour. Previously white walls were now coal black and simply atrocious in the sisters' eyes.

Grocery bags dropped on the floor and glass purchases smashed into bits. The girls were frantic and immediately surveyed the house to assess the damage. Except for Rupinah. She continued her screaming, to shocked and panicked to do anything. She was even hyperventilating. Yes, you've guessed it, she's the drama queen of the household.

It happened in a blink of an eye.

The two other sisters heard their sister's scream amplify by a tenfold then it stopped. They were relieved, that was a sign that something good had happened.

Their eyes were puffy red as they walked back to the living room, to tell their sister the grim news. All their belongings were painted black, even Lin's pet frog, which was previously green in colour. Somehow, something had managed to turn the house upside down...

A squeal and a shriek echoed through the walls..

The sisters scared, they hugged each other tightly..

What had gotten to their sister was now coming for them...

*poof*

They were gone. A loud burp sounded and shook the whole house, as if an earthquake was occurring.. That thing, it's hunger was now satisfied.

It now had no reason to stay, the monster shrunk into its previously mediocre size then retreated to it's original position on the white marble floor, waiting patiently for it's next victim.

Moral of the story: Don't mess with a black hole, even if it looks like a harmless black spot.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hello! Hope this story is okay. :/

Thanks for reading!

Vote and comment at your own freewill :) It will be highly appreciated if you did.

<3E