95- Til The End

Nick hasn't come home

                 It's been 4 days since he went on his dinner date and I met up with Kaleb at the club. He didn't come home that night Jamison has tried to find information for me but both Connie and Tommy know where Jamison stands. Neither of them will tell me anything, Marco isn't answering his phone and no one seems to know where Nick is.

I don't know if I should be scared or relieved.

I hoped it was Kaleb's doing, he wasn't the kind of man to waste time but I would like to think he would have at least mentioned something to me right now.

"Mamm-ma Mmama" Julian struggles with his pronunciation with wide hopeful eyes as Henry slowly places the colorful rings over the pole.

" Good Job Jujube, very good" the instinctual smile stretched across my face at his sweet words. His tiny hands clap together as his smile widens revealing two tiny bulbs of white teeth at his bottom gums.

"Henry" I cooed softly getting his attention.

"Can you say mama?"

With his eyes wide and his mouth slightly open, he stared back at me in utter confusion.

" Mmmaa- mmmaaa" I spoke slowly folding my lips together to enunciate every syllable.

Henry was a bright little boy, sitting up and crawling at the same time as Julian who was older than him. But he had the kind of mind where he has to see it to do it. Giving him commands was always a struggle.

" MMmmaa-

I smiled.

"Ddaa-  Mma Daa"

" Say mama" Jamison's deep voice commanded as his heavy steps thudded the floor beneath us. Immediately both boys watched Jamison's frame approach and with a toy ring in his hand Henry began crawling over to him. Jamison chuckled softly then bent down and scooped Henry up into his arms.

"Mmmaaa Mmaa" Jamison pronounced it slowly looking back at Henry who stared back in pure awe.

"Mma Daa Daa" spit bubbled at Henry's little lips as he tried again.

"For all the times for Nick not to be here" Jamison smirked as my eyes rolled and Julian crawled into my lap.

"Nick has never changed a single poop diaper but dada is his first word"

"Don't be spiteful"

With a dead pan Jamison's eyes sparkled as he let out a hardy laugh.

" Mia!"

The familiar loud, demanding voice suddenly boomed from the floor below. A fear fueled ache began to form like a solid ball in my stomach. Nick sounded tired and angry which meant nothing good for me. Gently I kissed Julian's forehead before sitting him down. Quickly I stood to my feet and ran a hand over Henry's head before placing a kiss to his forehead as well.