42

"

"

" Kaleb" just the sound of Nick's voice caused my hands to tighten around the wheel. My heart thumped as her face flashed at the back of my eyes. After everything, every fucking thing I still meant nothing to her.

It hurt worse than being shot.

" Kaleb, the speed limit is 60 miles an hour"

" Since when do you give a fuck?"  I spat as the speedometer inched over 90 miles a hour.

" Since I wanted to at least make it to thirty before I died"

" If you have that much of a problem with my driving then you can get the fuck out"

Throwing a look my way Nick slouched against the seat and his gaze shifted out of the window. He didn't dare say another word and a part of me wished that he would. I wanted to crash the car, I didn't care if it killed us both. I needed to feel something, anything besides this emptiness and anger. Traveling across state lines, through cities and interacting with people that rather see me dead than speak with me. All of it was for her.. But I wasn't a part of her plans. I didn't play a role in her mind and once again what I felt for her was far more than what she felt for me.

I was a fool

I wasn't just turning into my dad but I was turning into the parts of my dad that no one respected. A pitiful simp chasing after a woman who didn't love him the way he loved her. I hated it and I hated that I still loved her.

This feeling.. it needed to end.

_________________________

Five days later - 2:43am

                  Groggily I attempted to shake the sleepiness from my head before running my hands over my face. I haven't been able to sleep, even eating has been a challenge and it doesn't matter what I tell myself. I want Mia, like a drug I hate that I want her so badly I can't function properly. Even if I could hear her say my name it would give me some kind of release. But I couldn't, the deep wound that she left was still open, still fresh. Though I wanted to taste her again, the strength to forgive her, just wasn't there.

                 So I turned to my friends for help and Jake undoubtedly came up with a solution. He swore on his life it would work but everyone was half and half in agreement. But I didn't have many options left and even now it felt wrong. The guilt was keeping me just from getting out of the car.  Sighing I looked back at the tall building, most of the windows were dark and only a few were illuminated. I was sure one of them belonged to Angie, I was surprised that she even answered the phone and when I asked to see her, she eagerly agreed. The Elms were a high class hotel and I was sure Angie was going broke being here and it was only a matter of time before she left DyverCity. I couldn't let her leave, not yet.