82

Present day

" I'm not dealing with this, whenever you decide you want to appreciate what the fuck you have, call me"

" Fuck you, I hate you"

Nick chuckled bitterly. " You love me and you better not go anywhere while I'm gone"

" Why so I can't catch you fuckin someone else?"

" I said I wouldn't do it again"

" You're a fuckin liar"

Nick's jaw clenched and he closed his eyes to calm himself.

"You know what you're right, and I'm out of here, you stupid, ungrateful bitch. Plenty of bitches would happily take your place and I wouldn't even have to ask them to suck my dick. I should have let Kaleb's simp ass have you. I wish I never fuckin married you"

My heart raced as I watched Nick stormed out of the kitchen, a loud slam ripped through our home as he walked out the door. This argument was one of many, all we did was argue. Our arguments almost always ended up with me pinned against the wall, the floor or outdoors in the grass as we had wild, angry sex. None of it really mattered, the words that were exchanged were wiped from Nick's memory by the next day. The truth was clear Nick didn't see me as his equal and it didn't matter what the situation was, no matter how I felt, I was wrong. Wrong to question him, wrong to ask my husband about his work or anything. Ever since he cheated with Alily, our relationship has been strained.

We don't talk

We don't go on romantic dates

We're only really around each when it's time for dinner and it's still not every day. Sometimes Nick doesn't come home until the am then sleeps into the afternoon.
..

With no explanation.

These things always led to an argument. Everything was a fight, it was hard enough to try to forgive Nick. It was even harder to tell myself that I wasn't developing feelings for him all over again.
.

   Living alone with him was taking a toll on my psyche and  though he faithfully calls me beautiful, the most gorgeous and asks if I need or want anything. And I've never had to question my own safety, Nick still makes me feel safe even when he's not here..

I fought with myself consistently because couldn't tell if I was falling in love with him or if I was really truly losing it..

As my mind raced, tears rolled down my face because all I wanted right now was to not be alone.

I wanted him here

_________________________________

Eleven days later

   .              Agitation and nervousness bubbled so severely in my stomach that I felt the urge to vomit yet again. Twisting my fingers together I regrettably glanced back at the row of seven digital screens and the one sheet of the paper from my doctor, all saying the same thing.