24

""
The argument didn't last for very long and I stayed still in a trance of my own thoughts screaming inside of my skull. Leon continuously rejected even the thought of the deal Levi made with Raul. But even that didn't wavier the confident gleam in his eyes. He glanced at me before thanking Mrs. Gianna for the meal then strolling out of the double doors. Dylan lingered behind but only for a moment before his mother called out to him to come to the car. Mrs. Gianna had to reassured several times that Ghidorah would never have this problem again even after that informed Leon that she would have eyes watching. Milo and Marco were still at odds and with no resolution Leon supported Marco while my grandpa sided with Milo. Leaving me with a pressured choice of who do I go with.

I didn't need long to decide, my gut already had the answer. Striding over to Milo I forced a small smile and softly wrapped my arms around his waist as I, listened to his heart, tears pooled in my eyes.

" Take care of yourself please" I croaked pulling away looking up in his face.

" Mia, don't-"

" I'll be fine, I'm a survivor remember?"

" Love you" he pulled me into a tight hug squeezing me for extra long.

" I love you too Milo"

___________________________

                  Standing outside of the estate I stared back at the top of the stairs where Milo stood with my grandpa. This wasn't right, it was supposed to be the three of us.. as an empty sadness filled my skull. Just as glanced over at Marco and Nick bouncing anxiously throwing jabs into the air Kaleb's eyes locked with mine as he stood with a unnerving stillness. As his perfect lips parted slightly as if he was going to speak his gaze suddenly snapped away from mine. Stepping forward he waited as Haden hurried down the steps. They spoke in a low tone, too low for anyone to eavesdrop on whatever they were discussing.  It was serious but they quickly seemed to come to an agreement and clasped hands, not like gentlemen but like gangsters. With their fist at their chest they pulled together and Haden wrapped his hand around the back of Kaleb's head. With their heads tilted together Haden spouted something in a lower tone than before. Kaleb only nodded as he stepped back unclasping Haden's hand, turning back towards me as Haden started back up the stairs.

______________________________

Though my grandpa said it wasn't in his plans he honored Milo's wish and they left for Brazil the very same night. Leaving Leon, Nick, Marco, Savino, Kaleb and I in my grandpa's villa alone. He already told Leon they could stay here and after finding out the truth about my mom he wasn't going back on it.

          Groaning I tossed the heavy blanket off of my hot skin before rolling onto my other side frustratedly. I couldn't sleep and the rambling thoughts and voices in my head I couldn't get them to stop.
Sitting up I grabbed my phone to check the time when my text message icon caught my attention. None of my friends had my new number, not even my brothers so I couldn't help but feel suspicious at the sight of several unopened text messages.