54

                          It's been two weeks and even after spending that time with Macoy, it did nothing to stop the aching pain in my chest. He told me that I needed to want it bad enough, that the emptiness I felt inside was in my head. My head strongness was my problem and not even the electro shock could scramble my mind enough for the feeling to go away. Now I found myself crying with a single thought in my mind but I knew why. It was Kaleb, his presence didn't waiver from my mind, it was like a curse trapped inside of my head. The worst part about it was that I'd grown immune to Gudens tactics and when my heart stopped and I was brought back, nothing changed. I looked at death in the face too many times to force a new version of myself to awaken. 

I had to do it myself, but I had no idea how. The depression that weighed me down felt like anchors tied around my ankles. Mentally I was drowning and what I told Demetrius was more true than I meant it to be. I really couldn't be fixed.

I was at the end.

Just like Corey.

That fact alone was keeping me from even trying to gain any confidence. Tonight was Saturday night and even my Dad had plans which meant I was home alone. Before I could be completely consumed by my thoughts the sound of the doorbell ringing echoed loudly throughout the house. No one was supposed to be coming here and if I weren't in such a deep depression I would have panicked. I would have grabbed the rifle leaning against my bedframe and waited for the inevitable.

But I just didn't have it in me, I didn't care.

The seconds ticked by as I waited for the loud banging of someone demanding to be let inside. There was none, so sluggishly I climbed out of bed and peered between the blinds at the car parked in the driveway. It was a deep red Audi with chrome wheels shining underneath the street lights.

It didn't take a genius to know who was here.

The door bell rang again, only once.

Dragging myself out of my room, I headed down the steps but hesitated on the way. I only wore a pair of boy shorts panties and a thin cut off tank top. I thought of grabbing my robe to hide my body from his possessive gaze but swiftly changed my mind as I neared the staircase. If I turned back, I would get back in bed. Flicking on the switch to the chandelier my feet padded softly down the glossy hardwood stairs. I turned off the security alarm, unlocked both dead bolts then swiftly pulled the door open. As the chilly air rushed inside I shivered and impatiently gazed back at Nick's large frame then his unnaturally handsome face. He was dressed in just a simple gray hoodie with a dark denim jacket pulled over it. The sweatpants matched the hoodie and he ended the look with a pair of custom sneakers made with alligator skin. The designer brands adorned his solid body as if the fabric itself wanted him to look his best.