20- A Well Wisher

                      Tiredly I lifted my head at the sudden vibration rippling through the air. It was dark by the time we landed and a mind numbingly tiredness accompanied with jet lag crashed down on me all at once. I was struggling just to stay awake.  Groggily my gaze shifted over to Nick with his head back against the headrest and his mouth open emitting a loud snore with drool trailing over his chin. My eyes rolled as I looked away from him as we pulled in through the gates of the Russo estate.

" Ugh wake up" I flicked the side of his head.

Growling Nick's eyes creaked open as he glared at me. " Fuck off" 

" Shut up both of you, we're here" dad spat tiredly as the SUV cruised to a stop. Gazing up at the massive house, the lights inside shined brightly cutting through the darkness. The double doors were open wide and the light streamed around George Russo's silhouette. Unfamiliar and familiar faces of George's security rushed around the vehicle pulling open the doors with a hastily precision. Though George seemed to trust us it was the situations like this and people like us had to have their guard up. Tony wasn't a snitch that we that knew for sure, he would let himself die behind bars before ratting out his family.

                            Quickly the vehicle was inspected for any kind of device that could give away our location or record any information. Soon we were given the green light and allowed to get out of the car. George's staff gathered our things and carried them into the home without a word. Only glancing at us once my dad then started up the steps and I commanded my exhausted legs to do the same. As we finally reached the top of the stairs George pulled me into a quick embrace with a hardy slap on the back. As he pulled away he acknowledged Nick and Savino before turning on his heel and guiding us further into his home.

" It's always good to see those of Ghidorah, I only wish the circumstances were different this time"

As I nodded slowly George chuckled softly. " I'm sure you all are tired, come in. I had my staff prepare a late meal for your arrival. You'll eat and sleep here, you'll need your rest for tomorrow "

Before I could ask what was happening tomorrow George urgently gestured towards the large dining table with four  separate steaming plates with large helpings of food. None of us dared to mutter a word as we quickly took our seats. George took his usual seat at the head of the table while my dad sat to his right and Savino sat on the other side of him. I sat across from my dad to George's left with Nick beside me. The dish in front  of us was a generous serving of mixed vegetables, a few expertly cut smoked chicken breasts and rigatoni pasta with a dollop of presto on top.

My stomach growled viciously halting every question that lingered in my mind. Nick, Savino and I wasted no time stuffing our faces without any manners or even a prayer. As I stuffed my face my dad's voice seemed to linger in the background as he spoke with George.