9

A few days later

A few days later

" Milo, higher than that" I sighed tiredly

With the assault rifle in his hands Milo held the long frame awkwardly at his waist.

" I can aim like this" he pouted

Glancing over my shoulder I rolled my eyes as the veteran didn't offer any assistance. With his strong arms crossed over his chest he only leaned against the wall watching Milo judgementally. None of the trainers or coaches hid the fact that they didn't believe that me, Milo or Marco belonged here. We weren't apart of the underground.

We weren't like them.

Thanks to my training at Gudens I was able to at least show Milo how to hold a rifle correctly.

"What are you aiming at?" I asked gesturing towards the paper target 40 yards across the room.

" The chest" Milo said sternly

" Okay let's see it" I crossed my arms over my chest silently refusing to argue with Milo. He was aiming at towards the wall, not even close to the target. I was going to let him, prove himself wrong. Hesitantly Milo gripped the rifle to steady his aim before gently squeezing the trigger releasing a few rounds. He stayed silent as he stared at his target perfectly unaltered.

'' Can I show you how?" I whispered cheekily leaning towards him.

The man leaning against wall scoffed incredulously, instinctively my head snapped back in his direction. Ever since my memory returned I've been quick to anger and the soft voice in the back of my head is practically silent as louder ones overpower it. The louder voices haven't talked much since Gudens but they hardly ever stopped now. They encouraged me not to hold my tongue, not to restrain myself, only the soft voice beneath it all kept me from doing so.

It was the voice of reason.

It kept me alive.

Milo sighed sadly. "Please if the safety of our family falls on me we're dead"

Smirking I walked back over to my position where the ak47 laid against the single shelf. Milo stood behind me, watching intensely as if he was mentally taking notes. Quickly I checked the clip before throwing the strap over my shoulder and lifted the heavy sleek metal. Raising it to chest level I closed one eye as I aimed at my target's head. Resting my finger against the trigger I inhaled deeply.

" Head shot"

Releasing the breath I squeezed, holding the gun steady it jerked rapidly releasing round after round. I counted until I reached thirteen and released the trigger. My target practically had no head with holes littered through the paper.

" Wow" Milo breathed impressively

Smiling I looked back at him. " That's why you want to hold it like this, so you know what you doing "