10

" Kaleb are you coming?" Rose asked tapping against my shoulder

Pulling my gaze away from Mia I glanced back at Rose.

" Yeah, yeah just give me a second" I waved my dismissal as if not draw attention to the irritation in my voice. Rose hesitated before saying anything else and walked away. Mia's full lips formed a frown as she silently stared ahead.

" Are you alright?" I asked softly.

A small fake smile forcefully stretched across her pretty face. " I'm fine "

" I know that means the opposite so come on talk to me"

" Kaleb, do you- do you think I'm easy?"

A chuckle erupted from the back of my throat. " Mia?"

" What?" Her green gold eyes pulled away from me and stared back at the table.

" Your body count is 3"

" Your point?" She raised her dark eyebrows at me. Resting my elbows against the table I leaned forward looking straight over into the stern expression on her beautiful face.

" I've fucked a lot more girls in the last six months than guys, you have in the last 2 years"

" What's your body count?"

Immediately the faces and names added inside of my head. Instead of answering I smiled standing to my feet.

" I'm not answering that"

" Why not?" She asked playfully pushing her chair back and hitching her bag over her shoulder. Silently we both headed towards the double doors leading out of the library.

" Cause you're not going to like it"

" Wow Mr. Bachelor, you said that like my opinion matters to you"

With one hand I held the door open for her, just the breeze blew the loose curl from behind her ear. The sweet scent of pineapple and coconut lifted off of her skin. Her honey colored skin had a angelic glow and my heart raced as I allowed myself to be blinded by whites of her teeth as she smiled back at me.

" Because it does" the words slipped out of my mouth before my brain even realized what was happening. It was as if she never left, she never went into a coma and our friendship never ended. The feeling I used to feel came rushing back so fast I couldn't help but start to panic a little.

It was alarming to say the least.

Her dark eyebrows came together. " What?"

" Nothing, come on everyone is heading to Charlie's before the party tonight" I gestured for her to follow me  as we walked the sidewalk back towards the campus entrance.

" Uh you can go ahead I'd like to change clothes first " she chuckled softly tugging at the turtle neck collar of her shirt. " It's really too hot to be wearing this"