88

Two and a half months later

Me and Nick's relationship grew worse as the blurred days turned into months and he not only missed my doctor's appointment to hear our baby's heartbeat for the very first time. But he was currently missing my fourth ultrasound and today we were going to find out the gender so a name could be picked. I had been doing everything alone. I would have asked Michael, Bri or even Milo to come with me but.. I knew they would wonder why Nick wasn't here.

I didn't have any excuses for him.

He kept repeatedly telling me he would be there and then not show up.

I had to accept the fact that my husband was a liar, whose every promise he made was just to appease me.. but little did he know, I already stopped believing him.

" Are you alright Mia?" My nurse Jenny asked curiously as she looked away from the large monitor then back towards me.

"Uh oh yes I'm fine, just lost in my own thoughts" I reassured giving her a small smile.

Jenny returned a smile of her own as she continued to slide the wand over my growing belly. Nearing the end of my four months I was barely able to fit any of my clothes anymore. My belly wasn't very big at all but I was still gaining weight. All of my jeans had to have elastic or I opted for dresses and skirts. Like today with the fall weather finally arriving I've only been wearing maxi skirts and dresses. My breasts had grown larger, more tender and I couldn't fit my bra's anymore. At least when Nick actually does see me, he's practically salivating and my growing belly seems to be non existent.

I actually feel beautiful for a moment.

"Okay now I'm going to try to see the baby's gender, do you know what you want? A boy or a girl?"

I hesitated as Nick's voice rang through my head. A boy, he wanted a boy, a miniature version of himself.

Like the world needs another Nicholas Lombardi.

"I don't care as long as my baby is healthy"

Jenny nodded in agreement as she tried to get a look of the gender, sliding the wand across my stomach again.

"And it looks like it's a boy"

A boy.. if Nick were here..

As I smiled Jenny let out a little laugh. " I'll take that as you're happy, congratulations "

"Thank you"

"I'm going to take a few more photos so you can show your husband then I'll let you go"

"Alright "

I waited patiently as Jenny gave my baby his first photo shoot, soon she wiped my belly and waistline clean of the gel. Straightening my clothes Jenny eagerly printed off my ultrasound photos before congratulating me again. Heading back into the waiting room I immediately met Jamison's gaze as he looked up from his book. He was my personal guard and Nick insisted that he come with me everywhere that he couldn't. Which was pretty much whenever I left the house. Nick didn't have time for me anymore and I often slept alone. Not because he wasn't home but between managing several clubs he was exhausted and I often found him asleep in his office.