87

The party progressed faster than I think anyone anticipated and it became more than obvious that neither Mia or I were enjoying ourselves

The party progressed faster than I think anyone anticipated and it became more than obvious that neither Mia or I were enjoying ourselves. Nick was completely cross faded off of the experimental strain of weed Jake shipped to Nick through express mail. And from the massive bottle Tequila gifted to him from Milo. His shirt was completely unbuttoned, and he held one of his arms out wide while he gripped the hip of the girl twerking her ass against him. What was meant to be a more mature event turned into something else entirely.

It reminded me so much of high school that the thought of being late for school tomorrow crossed my mind briefly. I wanted to leave and I wanted to take Mia with me, she looked miserable. But with her "body guard" Jamison blocking the only path to Mia, I knew it wasn't happening. The guy was massive, built like Dom but he actually took care of himself. He looked like he belonged on WWE.

"I swear to God when he looks at her, his brain just shuts down" Zeus taunted playfully snatching me out of my trance as Damon chuckled. I wasn't amused, even if he was right. Meeting his gaze, the grin immediately left his face.

"I was just kidding, you don't have to look at me like that"

"Like what?"

"Like you're looking into his soul" Hunter whispered as he stumbled drunkenly and leaned against me as he laughed loud.

"Get off me" with one hand I shoved Hunter to the floor.

Hunter was tall and wirey but ultimately heavy and stumbled down onto the polished floor causing the wood thump under his weight.

Just as I looked away from him Damon nudged me, never looking away from Nick. He had a gripe against Nick that he never talked about and I never asked. I didn't care, most people with an actual brain in their skulls didn't like Nick. Arrogant, soulless and loud, Nick seemed to be getting worse, his ruthlessness was without cause. He simply didn't care and the messes he constantly made during shake down were beginning to look more and more like something from the movie jigsaw. It didn't make sense to me until I talked to Ellis about it.

He was quickly turning into the one with the actual wise words between the two of us.

He told me that Nick was living off of a high, he had it all. The girl, the money, the status and being the abomination Nick was he practically fed of the look of fear in people's eyes when he entered an establishment. He was Antony reincarnated. With Tony had taken a complete seat back and played his role as a Don of Ghidorah. Leaving Nick to embrace his impulsive, hot tempered ways and drop bodies for any reason he deemed necessary.

Ellis was right.. forcing him out of the game, and encouraging the relationship with him and Monica seemed to be good for him.

" Marco said we're docking soon, apparently Dime is throwing a little party for Nick, you wanna go? Or are you going to head back to the house?"