93

-When an evil person dies, nobody really cares- unknown

3 months later

For the first time in a long time I was going out, Nick was escorting me but he wasn't coming inside. Brianna was meeting me at the club while Nick went to meet someone for dinner not too far away  I didn't bother to ask who, I didn't want to be around him at all. Our marriage has quickly changed from tolerable, to bad, to horrible. And I wasn't going to turn down the opportunity to get away from him. The magnetic pull between me and Kaleb was becoming too much to ignore.. ever since our affair started.. he's all I want. As we neared the club Nick's strong arm snaked around my waist and he gently pulled me closer. Softly the diamonds dangling from my earrings tickled my skin.

"You look beautiful il bambina"

I didn't acknowledge his gaze, and made no effort to look back at him. Things with Nick were only getting worse and how Nick really felt about me became more and more clear. I was his property, his personal doll he got to dress up and show off to everyone.

There was no love.

And I was tired.

" Mia" his pace slowed and he stroked my chin guiding my face towards him. His silver eyes stared down at me, there was no tingle, no spark and I only felt nothing but annoyance looking back at my husband.

" I love you"

I didn't try to restrain the sigh that left my lips as I looked away from him. Nick's grip around my waist tightened and his feet stopped. Connie, Tommy both did the same waiting for Nick's next order.

"We'll catch up" he nodded for them both to go ahead without us. Though they swiftly did what they were asked his gaze narrowed as he turned to Jamison who had been bringing up the rear.

"What the fuck did I just say huh?" He barked impatiently, glaring unfaltering at Jamison's intimidating frame.

Jamison hesitated, he'd heard the beatings I took from Nick to protect both Julian and Henry. He heard the cries, saw the cuts and bruises. His respect for Nick was gone, Jamison only stayed for my benefit but there was only so much he could do without Nick assuming I was fucking Jamison.

With a huff Jamison stalked past us following behind Tommy and Connie.

" Fix that fucking attitude before I tell Connie to take your ass right back home" he barked impatiently.

My jaw clenched as I screamed at myself to not say a word. Pulling my face from his gaze I bit into my bottom lip.

Nick didn't say anything for a while but as his fingers brushed against my face I involuntarily flinched. He sighed gently pulling my lip from in between my teeth..