34

                          Pulling the hoodie over my head my teeth gritted together at the painful straining radiating from my shoulder. Movements like these were a fight but I had to do them to appease the doctor or I wouldn't be getting discharged today. As the shirt fell the rest of the way I avoided my own reflection in the mirror as I turned the faucet on and gathered soap then water in my hands.  I already washed my face in the shower but after I signed my discharge paperwork I felt the need to do it again. Scrubbing my skin thoroughly I washed the soap away then patted my skin dry with a dry towel. Hanging the towel over the counter top I finally stared back at myself as I ran my wet hands through my hair. The evidence of my exhaustion wasn't visible on my face thanks to the sleeping pills the hospital provided. But internally I was more exhausted than anyone could imagine My skin had grown paler and my eyes were darker than they usually were. I managed to maintain my weight by eating everything the nurses eagerly brought to me and by running and doing push ups in physical therapy.

Everything was a challenge but I needed to do it to get out of here.

I needed answers.

I needed my fiancé.

I had everyone looking for her, all Eli could find was that the money Tobias set aside for his kids and the money Josiah had tucked away hadn't been touched.. until about a week ago. Two thirds totaling six million dollars was gone so we knew for sure that Mia and Marco did come back to DyverCity but they didn't stay. No one had seen or heard from either of them and not even Michael could shed any light on their whereabouts. 

Even after hours of city wide searches from the city cameras it looked like Mia and Marco just vanished.

But I knew better than that, Mia was in survival mode and I had a very plausible idea as to where she had gone but I couldn't just move off of gut instinct. Because the facts were clear, Mia knew me better than I knew her and if I chased, she would run. I needed to get ahead of her plans and whatever what was going through her mind.  So I called the one person with legitimate pull to get me a meeting with the number one person that knew Mia best.

Stepping out of the bathroom I froze at the sight of a woman with short black hair facing away from me. A large hand bag hung off of her arm while designer brand jeans hugged her slim figure while her wide hips gave her an hour glass figure. Silently I walked over to her and peered over her shoulder. A frown fell upon my face as I looked as the doctors clipboard in her hands. He hadn't came back for it yet and she was reading it.

" You don't look like a nurse to me"

Gasping the woman dropped the clipboard before spinning around to face me. Warm brown wide, doe eyes stared up at me, her face was unfathomably pretty with a small nose and round lips. I knew this face and as a feeling of nostalgia washed over me a smile tugged at the corners of my mouth well I stepped back.