72

3 days later

Walking through the grass, my dress lifted in the wind and giddily I grabbed ahold of it. Kaleb randomly decided to surprise me with a romantic date with just the two of us. We were finally nearing the last days of our stay in Spain. Kaleb pulled out all of the stops, he bought me a dress and told me to meet him somewhere else for another surprise. My dress was a gorgeous strapless white silk that hugged my body before spiralling outward above my knees with every step. As I trekked through the grass the stunning scene unfolded before me, it was a small isolated gazebo made of a rich dark hazel colored wood.  Sheer curtains swayed in the breeze creating a window where the posh silverware and a bottle of wine sat waiting on the table for two. Just as I started up the steps Kaleb suddenly walked from around the side carrying a heavy looking witker basket, he stopped abruptly as he took in the sight of me in my dress. Quickly he sat the basket down then gently grabbed ahold of me with one hand on my lower back and the other at my jaw and he softly kissed my lips. As a giddy sensation riddled down my spine I stared back into the oceans in his eyes as he pulled away.

" You look gorgeous as always" 

" Thank you" I smiled as I looked at him as well. Though he was dressed more comfortably he still wore a black flannel with the sleeves pushed up to his elbows. The top of his shirt stayed unbuttoned revealing the leather strap that hung around his neck.

" Come on" he gestured for me to go inside of the gazebo before following behind me. Pulling out a chair I quickly sat down and Kaleb went back for the basket. Patiently I waited as he unpacked everything, Kaleb still couldn't cook very well so he pulled out our favorite dishes from an authentic restaurant. It was steak and pasta with a salad and even dessert. As I watched him carefully place everything on our plates and on the table I fell into a trance of his movements he was strong but gentle with everything he did, he focused completely.

" What is it?" He looked up at me coyly.

" You're so handsome Kaleb" I smiled

His eyes crinkled as he smiled wide with a chuckle. " I am? "

" Shut up, you know you are?"

Sitting across me, he smiled and extended his hand for mine and I placed my hand in his. It was moments like this that felt absolutely perfect. Kaleb is who I should have been with this entire time, I never loved anyone or anything as much as I love him. Gently gripping my hand he touched the silver cross that dangled from leather strap around his neck then bowed his head in a quick prayer. As he finished and lifted his head his eyes were different as they stared back into mine. A painful jolt of sadness jolted through me but before I could question it Kaleb gave me his perfect smile and urged that we eat before everything gets cold.

           Almost instantly, under his smile everything felt the same as we dug into the unbelievably delicious food and drunk our wine. Once we finished Kaleb grabbed his phone and began to play a compilation of classical music. With only looks, no words we took off our shoes and leave the gazebo to dance in the grass. As Kaleb twirled me outward I couldn't help but laugh loud as he pulled me back into his arms. Raising up onto my tip toes I grabbed ahold of his strong shoulders and leaned towards him for a kiss.