80

Six Months Later

        With a deep breath I dab the delicate cloth underneath my eyes as I stare back at my reflection. Not dressed in white but a stunning and extravagant, backless, A-line champagne colored dress. Glittering crystals curl in elaborate designs intertwining with the Italian silk and lace. It wrapped tightly around my curves like a second skin before falling in layers to the floor with a long train in the back. Though it was insisted that I wear something even more extravagant, I refused to wear anything I could hardly move in and was twice as bulky.

     But still it's far more beautiful than I ever hoped my wedding dress would be...

""
           Diamonds and pearls shimmer and glitter around my neck, and dangle from my ears. My thick curls were straightened and styled with delicate twists intertwined with tiny champagne colored silk  flowers. A few strands delicately hung loose while the rest was piled on top to cradle the small, fragile, sparkling  crown on top of my head. The girl that looked back at me looked like a story book princess.

But I felt like I was wearing a costume.

" Mia? " the door behind me opened slightly to reveal my dad's face. His dark hair is combed back in deep waves only complimenting his distinguished look. Taking in the sight of me, he gasped and hurried into the room.

"Oh sweetheart, you look so beautiful"

Turning around I face him as his arms wrap around me in a tight hug. Inhaling deeply he squeezed me even tighter before exhaling then pulling away. Crooking a finger under my chin he pulls my face upward. His eyes darted back and forth as he stared into my face.

" My beautiful little Mia, are you doing alright?"

Gulping I nod dropping his gaze.

I'm not okay. I can finally admit it to myself.

" I'm fine daddy"

" I know you're not happy but Nicky saved your life and the only thing he wanted was to be with you"

" I know Dad, you don't have to remind me.. I'm fine, I promise"

Gripping my shoulders he chuckled softly.

" Then smile lil light, it's time" releasing my shoulders he reaches behind my head and pulls the veil over my face. The sheer weightless fabric falls to my waist and with a deep breath I force a soft smile as my dad places the bouquet of blood red and champagne colored roses in my arms then holds the door open for us to leave. It's colder in the hallway and a heavy silence hangs in the air as I stare down the long corridor lined with intimidating marble pillars, each stone mixed with a color for today's event. Rose petals scatter the floor that leads to the dark wooden double doors. I gaze up at the coffened ceiling where mesmerizing chandeliers hang from above and twirling crystals appear to float magically as they hang on thin wires. No expense was spared when it came to today's event.