40- Part ²

" Are you sure it was his car?" Amber asked as I paced back in the other direction

" Yes Amber I'm not cr-" I paused as she cleared her throat. " I'm not blind Amber, the guys here have flashy cars because they got dope boy money. But Kaleb, Nick, Jake even Dom they are on a whole new level. They're a different breed. That Chevelle belonged to Jake and the Maserati is Kaleb's"

My breath caught in my chest and tears burned the back of my eyes. He'd gotten here so quickly and he was exactly where I was. I couldn't understand it. Someone was going against me and I hated to think that it was anyone I was close to. 

" Maybe he's here to start planning the wedding?" She said slyly

" What did you say?" I barked

" Don't get all defensive, I seen that ring. He has good taste too-"

" He. Can't. Be. Here. Amber" I spat letting my anger seep through my voice. " And we're not engaged, don't tell anyone that"

" Okay, okay. Oh my God calm ya tits I won't tell anyone"

" I'm serious Amber. Promise you won't say anything"

" I promise okay just calm down. And I'll double check that he's definitely here. I just need to tap into the security cameras and see where they go"

" How long is that going to take?" I sighed released a deep breath.

My foot tapped impatiently as I listened to Amber typing on her keyboard.

" Give it to Bradon to live in a party city" she muttered defeatedly, there's too many people to try to spot them in the crowds.. well manually at least"

" What does that mean?"

" Well I can try to hack into the city cameras system itself and use my FRS to try to find their faces in the crowds"

" Will that work?"

She winced with hesitation. " It can but the only problem is that it's slow"

" How slow?"

" It could take all night maybe, definitely if the streets stay packed like they are"

With a sigh I bit into my lip looking out the front glass of the barbershop. Demetrius and his entourage laughed and talked loudly as business began dying down. But with how they were acting, they weren't going anywhere anytime soon. I hadn't mentioned what I seen to Bradon, it would only raise an alarm but I almost wished that I had. As I started to speak the heat radiated from someone standing close behind me. Just then a large toffee colored hand pressed against the glass as Trey gently pressed into me from behind.