92-

This chapter is super long and since I keep taking forever for updates I'm going to keep it this way. I know the time jumps suck but this story is already pretty damn long. So time jumps are needed to move things along.. anyways enjoy.

_______________________________

4 months later

Reliving the night Mia and I indulged in each other' months ago caused a smile to spread over my face. It was something I found myself doing often, now with her baby boy finally born Nick had fully taken on the role of guard dog. The lack of trust between us was even more apparent, he didn't even want me under the same roof as Mia.

I couldn't blame him though.

I wouldn't trust me under the same roof as Mia either.

It was wrong but God did it feel so right. I couldn't have her but the memory was keeping me from drowning in contemplation of Nick's fate. I couldn't afford to think about it right now after all I had my son who I needed to worry about above everything else. With the palm of my hand I maneuvered the steering wheel, turning right into the residential area known as BrookStone. It was a private, quiet community with a lot of families. This was something I had to discuss with my dad. Since Angie's parents wanted her home in Italy with Gabriel. That was something I couldn't allow, Gabriel was my son too and there was no way I could let Angie move overseas where I would rarely get to see him. But I wasn't okay with her living with me so I bought her a house, a 4 bedroom, 2 and a half bathroom two story home. I gave her the money every month to buy whatever she wanted furniture wise and household wise. As well as things she needed and wanted for herself and Gabriel. After a good night at Velvet I was bringing her another stack, it was pocket money so that she could indulge in whatever she felt like.

We were co-parenting and it had been working so far.

Turning into the driveway to my left I parked next to Angie's sedan. Quickly I put the car in park and shut off the engine then got out. Taking a quick survey of the area I began following the short swirled path to the front door. There was a small roofed porch of the gray home with only one stair. Instinctively I flipped to the correct key and put it into the lock, turning it. Swiftly I typed in the code into the key pad on the door frame. With a subtle click the door slowly opened I stepped inside, closing and locking the door behind me. The smell of a cheese sauce lingered through the air and a TV could be heard somewhere farther inside.

Papi! Papi!"

With a soft laugh I watched as Gabriel ran through the house to the front door with a paper flapping in the air as he clutched it with his small fist. As Gabriel reached my knees I kneeled down picking him up.

"Where's your mama, huh?" I asked ruffling his tousled black hair then shifted Gabriel to my side.

"Momma in the chiten "he smiled as his eyes shimmered happily