21

______________________

                The Veta estate wasn't an estate it was a old styled villa across the city off of  an unmarked street that lead into such a rural area that the gps would have gotten us lost if we didn't have physical directions. The home was hidden by a  forest with a dark history as we neared the property a massive villa made of  sangria stone with a set of massive double doors and lush green vines crawling up the side before intentionally intwining with the base of the second floor balcony then draping over with precision. As the cars parked in front of the home we quickly climbed out with Haden's team sticking close by. Knocking or pressing the door bell wasn't necessary because the door swiftly opened as soon we were in front of it. A familiar face stared back at me, I didn't know the guys name but I knew his face. He was a part of Raul's security team and assigned to protect my Mia while she was in Brazil.

A annoyed scowl imprinted on his face as his dark eyes shifted from me to Haden.

" What you want?"

" I'm Ha-"

" I know who you all are" the guy cut Haden off. " We see you all coming" chuckling he pointed to the trees surrounding the trees. " These trees have eyes so I'm going to ask you again, what do you want?"

" We need to speak to Raul" Haden spat, his voice void of any tolerance as it dripped with venom.

" He's not in, call next time" the guy stepped back grabbing the door to close it. Without hesitation I stepped forward brushing past Kaleb, smacking the door back open.

" Now you see we're in a time crunch so that's not going to work, you don't mind if we come inside and wait right?" I asked walking into the home. Not even giving the guy a chance to say anything the steps of everyone bounced off the walls as they filed in behind me taking in the subtle but extravagant decor of the home. The walls were a rich cream color while the floors made of a gleaming dark brown wood intwining majestically with a honey brown stone. The furniture definitely looked designed for an older person with shining wooden frames and cushions that looked the farthest thing from comfortable.

" When is Raul expected to be back?" Kaleb asked peering around the home. Raul was a sneaky old bastard so it wasn't a surprise to not see guards lingering around. They were here, watching us like a snake in the grass waiting for the opportunity to strike. 

" He didn't say"

" That's fine we can wait" I smirked, not even trying to hide the sarcastic tone in my voice. Walking through the wide foyer I gazed up at the long immaculately sculpted railing attached to the staircase leading to the second floor.

" I'll call Raul and see if he can return soon"

"Yeah you do that" snapping my fingers I falsely tried to remember the guy's name. " " Thanks Matthew we appreciate it"