5

For weeks I was overwhelmed with guests, tests and physical therapy that the doctors insisted on

. For weeks I was overwhelmed with guests, tests and physical therapy that the doctors insisted on. My body was just starting to feel back to normal again. My headaches were intense but they weren't caused by the hospital. My headaches were from the instant drama. Milo refused to leave my side. Corey stayed arguing with Marco to let Nicholas or Kaleb in to see me again. Even though Nicholas was banned from entering, he made it clear that security wasn't going to stop him either.

I still didn't remember who he was.

A part of me desperately wanted to know who he was to me. Not only because everyone refused to tell me but because of how unbelievably attractive he was. Sure he was loud, arrogant, violent and a bit crazy but when a specimen is that gorgeous, you don't really care. His eyes alone left me tongue tied before he was escorted out by security.

I learned that about myself, I didn't really care for the nice guys.

Kaleb was quiet and reserved but the energy he radiated screamed that he was anything but a nice guy.

Corey was stern and protective like a drill sergeant when it came to me. But to everyone else he didn't pull punches or bite his tongue to express how he felt. There was something unnervingly dark about his mesmerizing light green eyes. He was reckless and didn't really seem to be afraid of anything.

Now I was finally being discharged but because of delays and confusion by the time I was ready to leave, it was getting dark outside. My brothers were supposedly waiting at the house so Corey packed all of my things into his jeep and drove me home. Unsurprisingly my brothers were home as were my friends who hadn't left. Walking to the front door Corey kept one of his strong hands on me, to catch me in case I started to fall. I hadn't taken a spill in days but he didn't take chances. Soon we reached the door and it instantly opened, Amber's eyes widened and her glittering make up stretched across her face as she smiled wide.

'' Finally" she squealed excitedly. Immediately I took in the sight of her posh form hugging dress.

" You're going out?"

'' we're going out, I got reservations at Pierre's to celebrate your recovery"

I couldn't share her enthusiasm as I stared at her tiredly, I had been made into a spectacle for weeks and now I wanted a break more than anything. Her smile fell as she stared back at me.

" What's wrong? You don't want to go?"

Sighing I looked away from her. " I just want a break from like everything, I don't really want to sit in a classy restaurant and be stared at like a animal in the zoo"

" Mia-"

" She doesn't have to go" Corey's deep voice injected sternly. " The reservation is for everyone, you all can go"

" There's no food in there" Marco added as he stepped up behind Amber buttoning his shirt.

" We'll order out" Corey countered.