3

A wind of individual tones of hot and cold brushed across my shoulders as the tall, dark grass tickled my exposed knees

A wind of individual tones of hot and cold brushed across my shoulders as the tall, dark grass tickled my exposed knees. I don't sleep but I don't get tired or hungry and I've been here for so long I don't know where I'm supposed to go. What I'm supposed to be doing. All I know is I'm alone. There is no sunlight, and the sky is nothing but a sheet of gray with thick onyx black clouds that just couldn't be real.

" Mia!" The voice is belongs to a man but it's so far that I could assume I was hallucinating.

" Mia!" There it is again

I know that voice. My eyes burn at the sound of his voice but no tears fall as my legs begin to run at full speed.

" Daddy?!" I cry out as the wind rushes against my face.

" Mia!"

Grasping the long grass, I pull it out of the ground as I push my legs up the steep hill. Digging my fingertips into the soft dirt I keep myself from falling backwards until I finally reach the top. The air is thin and it's so hard to breath that I have to shut my eyes to get my racing heart to stop. As I calm myself a cold gush of air pushes my hair out of my face and my eyes open. The thumping in my chest almost seems to stop as my eyes almost shake from the overflowing emotions as I stare back into my dad's face. The light brown skin, short dark hair and the hazel green eyes that match mine.

" Daddy" I croak.

His eyes glisten and crinkle as he smiles cupping my face with both hands and placing a kiss to my forehead.

" My little light, Mia" his voice resonates so deeply within me that I cry. A tear finally rolls down my face, clambering to my feet I wrap my arms around his waist in a tight hug, pressing my face against his chest. The hug doesn't last long enough cause soon he pulls away and grips my shoulders with such a urgency that it scares me a little.

" Dad-"

" What are you doing here? You shouldn't be here Mia. Not yet it's too soon"

" Mia?"

Another voice cuts me off before I could speak and my gaze snaps to the figures approaching from over his shoulder. Disappointment fills his eyes as he gazes back at Josiah. His brown skin is vibrant and his scent usual of cigarettes and designer cologne drifts off of him. He wears a similar expression to our dad as he reaches out and touches me.

" You have to go back"

My eyebrows furrowed together as I looked between him and dad.

" No, this is what I've always wanted"

" Mia, amada" the beautiful woman approached me, her dark curls blew in the wind as her dark eyes glistened. Gently she grabbed ahold of my hand. My heart thudded heavily as something resonated so deeply with me that another tear rolled down my face.