70

I couldn't sleep regardless of it was the coldness or the unsettling aura in the Amato home but I couldn't relax. I didn't want to leave my room either and so I decided to video call my bestest friend.

Michael.

    " I never knew rabbits could eat like this " Michael chuckled as he laid another handful of pellets on his bed. My beautiful black rabbit immediately began to nibble happily like I'd been starving him.

" Don't be over feeding him Michael"

"I will feed him until he stops eating, clearly you've been neglecting him"

" I have not!" I pouted as Michael smiled softly.

" I'm surprised your dad let you keep him considering where he came from"

" He wasn't happy about it, he actually wanted to cook and eat him but after he thought about it for a while he figured I probably needed a pet"

"Before you lost all of your womanly compassion?" He teased

" Something like that"

Michael hummed stroking Teddy's fur before looking at the camera again.

" So how's it going? Are Kaleb's cousin fighting over which of them gets to marry you?"

My smile immediately became a frown at his words.

" I could jump off of a cliff committing suicide and none of Kaleb's family would even bat an eye"

" Oh I'm sure-"

" They hate me Micheal, none of them think I'm good enough for Kaleb whether if it's because of my history at Gudens or because that I have black in my veins.. they don't approve"

"Wait, wait Kaleb's family is racist?"

" The only one that has said anything is his aunt"

" Did you tell your dad?"

" No I "-

"Mia what the fuck, you at least gave the woman a wake up call right?"

Looking away from the camera I sighed as I gaze Michaels gaze.

" Mia.. "he sighed regretably. " What's going on with you? Since when do you give a shit about what someone thinks about you"

" Since I'm going to be a part of this family for the rest of my life"I blurted frustratedly. " Kaleb and I are always going to have a difficult time just because of who he is. But is it really so bad that I just want his family to like me? I know I'm not perfect, I've made a lot of massive mistakes but I love him"

" But to them its not enough?"

With a sigh my head dropped. The feeling of unacceptance was so heavy that I didn't know what to do anymore.