61

" Fuck" I spat tossing my phone into the passenger seat.

For  weeks I've been watching and following the movements of the elders in Ghidorah's inner circle. My dad's and Tony's right hand men Malcolm and Gerald. I had a few of the cops on payroll keep tabs on Kenny who was a central contact for everyone and ran the gambling houses on the lower west side. They were also keeping eyes on the Tasi's it would have been worse than a bad idea if Dom spotted me, tailing him.

With thirteen broken bones in his face, who could blame him?

I wasn't planning on apologizing and Dom hadn't made any effort to say anything to me either. It didn't feel right spying on him or his family but I couldn't vouch for the Tasi's loyalty. Monroe had always been around since I was young but appearance wise he didn't seem to have the same kind of bond Dad and Tony had with Tobias. Dad used to tell me Monroe wasn't a man for drama and that's why he stayed to himself. But I couldn't help but notice that Monroe was always in the background when something was going down.

Gathering info but providing none.

Eli was keeping watch on all communication from Gerald and Malcolm's phones and computers and so far there was nothing abnormal. By process of elimination they had to be meeting with someone to exchange information.  Tonight I was only watching Malcolm, he'd been a part of Ghidorah just as long as Tobias and he watched me grow as well. I didn't care for the man but at least I learned one thing about him. He cared for his family. After leaving my dad's house he went home to his wife and his son Killian who was home on a break from college. Because of having to be a secret spy I left Ellis in charge of my hotel.  Dad advised against it but I don't think it was that big of a deal. My hotel wasn't like the castle that was open five days a week. Mine was only open twice  a week, one day was open house where men and women could in pick the girl or guy they wanted to fuck. The other  night was more exclusive, we called it Lights out, and it was auction night for buyers. I always handled Lights Out.  Ellis was too inexperienced and naive to be efficient. There were very little problems when it came to open house. Ellis insisted that he could handle it. It was the very first time and I already had my doubts because right now he wasn't even answering his phone.

Tapping my finger impatiently I glanced at my phone again waiting for Ellis to call me back when a glossy black Chrysler sped past me then jolted to a stop a few houses ahead. The windows vibrated from thumping bass of rock music and I watched as a brown skinned girl jumped out of the passenger side.

" Fuck you! You know it's not surprising that nothing ever works out for you "

Swiftly the driver side opened and a tall, lanky guy with ginger red hair wearing a sports jacket and jeans got out of the driver side.

"How about you stop acting like a whiny fuckin brat? It was a joke that you caused to escalate"

" Me?! Are you serious?" As the pitch in the girl's voice rose I suddenly resignated with it and sat up straight to get a good look at her face.